Affordable tickets with world's best travel companies
Choose from the variety of travel options available to travel on the route from Phnom Penh to Kratie. Book cheap tickets on redBus and travel the world without hassle
Avg. Bus Duration
6 hrs 55 mins
Buses depart from
Bus arrives in
Daily Bus Services
Cheapest Bus Tickets
Phnom Penh and Kratie are famous destinations to enjoy the scenery and take in the sites of the Cambodian countryside. The Phnom Penh to Kratie bus route covers a distance of 264 km in just around 6 hours comfortably.
Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia. This largest city is located at the confluence of the Mekong and Tonle Sap rivers. It is famous for its French colonial architecture, vibrant markets, and temples, like the Royal Palace and Wat Phnom.
The city has a population of over 2 million people and is Cambodia's cultural, commercial, and political centre. Overall, Phnom Penh is a rapidly developing city and is becoming increasingly popular among tourists.
The point from where you can board the Phnom Penh to Kratie bus is the Kaila Angkor- Phnom Penh Office, Phnom Penh (Japan Hospital Branch), Wing Agent (WCX31107) - Nita (Chrouy Changvar), Wing Agent (WCX42482) - Sles Rokiyas (Ruessei Chrouy), and Wing Agent (WCX49846) - Khon Sreynich (Preaek Lieb). These points differ based on the bus operator you choose.
Kratie is one of the Cambodian provinces in northeastern Cambodia. Located on the banks of the Mekong River, this city is famous for its French colonial architecture and nearby Irrawaddy dolphin conservation project. The population of Kratie City is around 50,000 people, and that province has a population of about 2,50,000.
The economy of Kratie province is mainly based on agriculture, especially rice cultivation and fishing in the Mekong river. Kratie also houses several ethnic minority groups, like the Phnong and Tampun communities. So, if you are interested in exploring the Mekong river and Kratie's unique culture and customs, it is a must-visit Camdobian city.
The dropping point of the Phnom Penh to Kratie bus by redBus is the Kaila Angkor - Kratie Stop, Kratie-VET, Kratie-VIP, Wing Agent (WCX41413) - Sokpheng (Ou Krieng), and Wing Agent (WCX44802) - Kea Pisey (Changkrang). The dropping points differ based on the bus operators you choose.
There are multiple Phnom Penh to Kratie bus options to choose from. However, finding an affordable bus online can be a daunting task. But not anymore, thanks to redBus! This Phnom Penh to Kratie online bus ticket booking platform makes finding bus tickets convenient and hassle-free. It provides exclusive benefits like last-minute bookings, deals and discounts, live tracking, and more. It also offers detailed information about the rest stops and helps you make informed decisions.
The Phnom Penh to Kratie bus price can vary according to the bus operators, bus type, timings, and amenities you choose. redBus enables you to select these options and acquire amazing deals and discounts on the Phnom Penh to Kratie bus ticket price.
One of the most popular bus routes in Cambodia, the Phnom Penh to Kratie bus distance is covered by different bus operators. The type of buses they provide are:
There are several interesting places o visit in this northeastern Cambodian province. It includes:
1. Koh Trong Island- An island located in the Mekong river, it offers a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. You can indulge in bike riding, fishing, and swimming here.
2. Mekong River- This river is an essential draw for visitors to Kratie. It is known for its beautiful sunsets, river cruises, and sightings of the rare Irrawaddy dolphins.
3. Phnom Sambok Pagoda- This 93 metres high hilltop temple provides a panoramic view of the Mekong River and the surrounding areas. It is an excellent spot for sunset viewing.
4. Mekong Turtle Conservation Centre- This centre aims to conserve the critically endangered Mekong turtle. Visit this centre and learn about preserving this species and its habitat.
5. Wat Rokar Kandal- It is a temple featuring a giant statue of the Buddha. It is a famous spot for locals to practice their daily prayers and rituals.
6. Wat Phnom Samkos- Located on top of the hill, this temple offers excellent views of the surrounding area. It is an important pilgrimage site for Cambodians.
7. Sambor Prei Kuk- It is an archaeological site featuring many ancient temples and structures that dates back to the 7th century. It is one of the most important historical sites in Cambodia.
8. Kratie Market- If you want to go shopping, Kratie market is excellent. Here, you can shop for local handicrafts, textiles, and souvenirs.
9. Sorya Kayaking Adventures- This place provides kayaking trips to witness a glimpse of endangered Irrawaddy dolphins in the Mekong river. Here, you can experience Cambodia in a unique and eco-friendly way.
10. The French Colonial Architecture- Kratie City has several beautiful examples of French Colonial architecture. It includes Governor's Residence and the Old Market.
1. Virak Buntham Express
2. Kaila Angkor
Earlier, standing in long lines for Phnom Penh to Kratie bus booking, with no certainty of getting a seat of your choice, was challenging. However, it is the talk of the past. Now, you can easily book your bus tickets from the comfort of your home.
redBus, an online Phnom Penh to Kratie bus ticket booking platform, provides you with several benefits. It involves a convenient and user-friendly booking process, options to find and book tickets from the nearest boarding point, great deals and discounts, live bus tracking, cancellable bookings, and 24/7 customer support.