Copetran Bus Tickets Online
Started in 1939, Copetran bus company has a long history of over 75 years in the transportation industry. Initially, Cooperative Santandereana de Transito LTDA was formed when three companies named Transporte Union Santander, Flota Comuneros, and Flota del Once merged. With an increasing number of partners to up to 22, the company was renamed Copetran after 3 years. Today, Copetran is one of the leading transport companies in Colombia, with more than 30 families making it into its management.
In the public transportation area, Copetran company has multiple types of buses plying across the nation and have also introduced a VIP Club for the elite members who need to register themselves at the official website to get attractive benefits and deals on the various trips. Their major services are Maicao, Bogota, Medellin, Cucuta, Bucaramanga, and Barrancabermeja areas and additional towns and cities on the way.
Address and Contact No. of Copetran
The head office of Copetran bus is at Bucaramanga where they also have a serviced office. The working hours and other contact details of the office are given below.
Address: Main Office
Calle 55 No. 17 B-17
User Service Office
Calle 54 No. 17 B-17
7 am - 12 pm
2 pm - 6 pm
Amenities Offered by Copetran Buses
The Copetran bus company has upgraded their fleet with modern amenities and facilities inside. These buses now have free network access and power outlets to suit the modern lifestyle. These amenities ensure both the safety of the passengers and maintain the entertainment requirements with various options available. As they operate a few longer distance routes such as the Maico to Honda of at least 16 hrs of journey or the Copetran bus to Cartagena, which is an 18 hours journey, it is essential to provide all possible comfort for the passengers. The compilation of the amenities on the various Copetran buses are,
- USB Chargers
- Individual screens
- Music system
- Reclining seats
- Air conditioning
Popular Routes Covered by Copetran Buses
Copetran bus operates more than 1600 routes across Colombia. They have at least 40 bus routes with double-decker buses. On each route, they have at least 2 buses each. You can find the Copetran bus schedule for each bus route on their respective pages at the redBus portal. The Copetran official website displays an elaborate bus schedule of each bus type. Depending on the route and distance to travel, the Copetran buses start as early as 1.30 am and are available till late into the night. A few of the most popular routes operated by Copetran are,
- Tunja to Aguachica
- Mompox to Honda
- Maico to Honda
- Cartagena to Barranquilla
- Bogota to Cartagena
- Medellin to Bucaramanga
- Bucaramanga to Cucuta
- Medellin to Barrancabermeja
Types of Buses Offered by Copetran
There are mainly five types of buses operated by Copetran. Each type of bus has its own set of amenities which may be exclusive to them depending upon how luxurious the bus is. They are,
- Double floor buses or double-decker buses have the most luxurious amenities with separate toilets for men and women. The second floor of the bus offers a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the landscape of the country while travelling.
- Preferential luxury offers more comfortable reclining seats and two toilets among other things.
- Luxury mini preferential is a single floor bus with a capacity of 30 and having top-class amenities.
- Sprinter is a smaller bus with a capacity of just 15-17 seats and having basic amenities.
- Special Service buses are ideal for people with disabilities and they are also environmentally friendly.
Popular Cities Covered by Copetran
The passenger transport system of Copetran is so vast that they cover over 20 cities in Colombia. They provide daily routes to and from between most of the popular cities. Copetran bus operates on the shortest route to the longer one, such as the one to Cartagena route. A few of the leading cities through which you can find a ride with Copetran bus are,
- Santa Marta
Booking Copetran Bus Tickets Online on redBus
- Search for any route in Colombia by typing in the designated boxes' starting and destination points and selecting the intended date of travel.
- Filter the search results by clicking on the Bus Company tab on the left sidebar and selecting Copetran to see only the buses available by this company on that particular route.
- All the details, amenities, safety measures, and the drop-off or boarding points of each bus will be displayed against each of them.
- Once you've made your choice of bus, then move on to select the seats and the boarding points etc.
- Provide the personal details and contact number of the passenger and proceed to the payment section.
- Pay the ticket fare and receive the confirmed ticket by email. This e-ticket is accepted at the time of boarding on the Copetran buses.