Omega Bus Tickets Online
Officially started in 1965 as a service to the community, Omega bus company is now a popular operator of the public transport system in Colombia. The official name of Omega is Cooperative Multiactiva de Transportadores Omega Ltda and was started in Moniquira, Boyaca.
The initial services of Omega started earlier in 1948 to connect Boyaca with Norte de Santander and Santander. Thus started the Transportes Pomeca with small-sized buses and vans for the transportation. They gradually added parcel and shipping services and later added new partners into the business. Within two decades, the company flourished to emerge as the current company under the name Omega.
Today, Omega bus has established itself in 13 different departments in Colombia and has 70 agencies. Their services are available in cities such as El Banco, Cucuta, Bucaramanga, Villa de Leyva, etc.
Address and Contact No. of Omega bus
Omega bus company has various offices and agencies in different cities. The address and contact details of the six main offices are given below.
Medellín: Terminal de Transporte Norte:
Cra. 64c # 78 A, Box office 21
Telephone: 320 264 5573
Ocaña: Ocaña Transport Terminal
AV Circunvalar Cra. 11 Nº 19-332,
Box office 11
Telephone: 320 274 6831 - (035) 569 6022
Pamplona: Pamplona Transport Terminal
Cra. 9 # 3 - 120, Box office 28
Telephone: 320 293 7212 - (037) 568 5254
San Gil: San Gil Transport Terminal
Km. 2 Via el Socorro, Ticket Office 1
Telephone: 315 291 4296 - (037) 723 8083
Tunja: Tunja Transport Terminal
Cra. 7 # 16- 40, Office 26,
Local 7 and 23
Telephone: 320 823 1808 - 320 333 8614
Bogotá: Main Office:
Diagonal 23 # 69 - 60,
Telephone: (031) 416 8607 - 310 769 3171
Amenities Offered by Omega buses
The four types of Omega buses come with varying amenities. These amenities fulfil the basic requirements of the passengers who will be travelling on both short as well as long-distance buses. The common amenities are,
- Air conditioning
- USB Chargers
- GPS monitoring
- Individual screen
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Recliner seats
Popular Routes Covered by Omega Buses
Omega bus service connects almost all cities in Colombia. Their main services are available in Medellin, Cucuta, Bogota, Cimitarra, etc. The bus routes and their schedule is available on their official website. When you search for the buses with redBus, it displays all the available buses on that particular route which you can filter as per the departure time to find the bus that is available at your convenient time. The most common bus routes by Omega bus trips are,
- Medellin to Cucuta
- Medellin to Bucaramanga
- Barrancabermeja to Bogota
- Bogota to Cimitarra
- Bogota to Puerto Berrio
Types of Buses Offered by Omega
Omega bus offers four types of buses. Each type of bus is available on different routes. The Alfa service buses are also widely available. These buses ensure the comfort of the passengers who will be spending hours inside these buses.
- Aerovans Deluxe is the base model vehicle with basic amenities, including WiFi and individual screens.
- The standard bus is one step ahead with GPS monitoring and a toilet as added amenities.
- The platinum bus has upgraded facilities with more space and comfort.
- Alfa service is the premium service bus from Omega bus company with all the luxury amenities available, including hand sanitisers.
Popular Cities Covered by Omega
Omega bus has a fleet of 300 buses having a seating capacity of 30 on average. They operate the buses daily across the nation. Though their services are mainly focused on certain cities, they are operating in all parts as well. The major cities that the Omega bus trips connect are,
- The Bank
- Villa de Leyva
- El Banco
Booking Omega Bus Tickets Online on redBus
redBus helps you save time and effort by offering legitimate online bus tickets. You can easily avoid the crowd at the booing centres and can plan and execute your travel plans even at the last minute through online booking.
- Find the best buses on your desired route of travel by filling in the starting point and destination in the relevant boxes on a particular date.
- Filter the available bus option by selecting the Bus Company from the list on the sidebar
- All details regarding each bus will be seen with the bus option. You can see the Covid measures, safety features, boarding and drop-off points etc., of each option.
- After going through the options, you can decide on the bus and move onto the next step.
- Click on the See Chairs button to select the seats. The available seats will be highlighted in white.
- Once you select the seats, click on the Reserve button. You will get a prompt to confirm if you want a return ticket as well.
- Now proceed to the payment gate, where you need to fill in the passenger details before making the payment.
- Upon successful payment, you will receive the e-ticket in the inbox of the provided email ID.