Bhopal Bus Tickets
Bhopal is one of the green cities in the country. Blessed with both natural and artificial lakes, the city is nicknamed the City of Lakes. This capital city of Madhya Pradesh has good connectivity from the neighboring states and other parts of the country.
This capital city has a well-planned transport system for the public so that one can easily find a bus to Bhopal from other states or cities as well as a bus from Bhopal to the other areas as well.
The government resumed the Bhopal bus services in September. The online availability of the Bhopal bus tickets, to and from, has made a safer option for the public to travel during these tough times.
Important routes to and from Bhopal
- Bhopal to Indore: The distance between these cities is 190 km by road which takes about 3-4 hrs by bus at a starting fare of Rs. 220.
- Bhopal to Sagar: It takes around 3.30 hrs to travel from one city to the other by bus which is approximately 160 km apart. The starting bus rate is Rs. 250.
- Dewas to Bhopal: The distance of 153 km is covered in around 3 hrs by bus and the starting rate is Rs. 195.
- Bhopal to Dhule: At the starting fare of Rs. 800, the bus services take about 10 hrs to cover the 450 km between these cities.
- Pune to Bhopal: These cities are more than 800 km apart and it takes more than 16 hrs to reach the other city by bus and the starting bus fare is around Rs. 1000.
Popular Buses to and from Bhopal
- Address in the city: Shop No.3, Hamidia Road, Hamidia Road, Near Main Railway Station, Opposite Bpcl Petrol Pump, Bhopal - 462001.
Minimum Ticket Price: INR 378
Chartered Bus is the most favored bus operator in the Bhopal area. Their popular routes are to and from Indore Bhopal, Dewas, etc. The buses are non-Ac, AC, and luxurious in types with convenience options all basic amenities for personal comfort at the lowest price for Indore-Bhopal routes, Rs. 378.
- Address in the city: Shop no 22, ISBT main Building, Road, Habib Ganj, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh 462023
Minimum Ticket Price: INR 1,010
This is a popular bus operator to Pune, Indore, and Ahmednagar. The buses are available in different types with varying amenities. All the buses have basic comfort options for charging points, lights, and security features.
- Address in the city: 279, Babulal Nagar, Musakhedi, Indore, Madhya Pradesh 452020.
Minimum Ticket Price: INR 1,196
A popular option for buses to Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, and Indore, this bus operator provides all the basic amenities including charging ports and WiFi in their buses.
- Address in the city: Shop no.12, ISBT Bus Stand Parisar, Habibganj, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, Pin:462016
Contact No: 9617000721
Minimum Ticket Price: 1,500
This bus operator with AC sleeper buses is more popular in Agra, Noida, and Delhi area. The buses all have WiFi, charging ports, and even toilet facilities at a minimal rate of Rs.1500 between Bhopal and Dhule.
- Address in the city: Verma Travels, Shop No. 08, Ambedkar Parisar, In front of the Board Office,MP Nagar, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh -462011
Contact No: 0755 4203238,4203237, 07509062252,07509062258/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Ticket Price: 1,200
This Delhi based operator has popular routes to Delhi, Lucknow, Faizabad, etc. Buses are all made comfortable with chagrin ports, WiFi, etc at the lowest rate of Rs. 1200 between Pune and Bhopal.
Boarding and Dropping Points
The major boarding points in Bhopal are
- Airport Square
- Bhopal bypass
- Bhopal railway station
- Dewas bypass
- Gandhinagar, etc.
The popular dropping points in Bhopal include
- Bus stand nadra
- Putlighar bus stand
- Board office square
- Isbt, etc.
Important Locations to visit
- Upper Lake: It is the oldest of the man-made lakes, offers boat rides for a pleasant evening.
- Moti Masjid: It was built by Her Highness Sikander Jahan Begum is an almost replica of the Juma mAsjid in Delhi with white marbles.
- Udayagiri caves: These include a set of 20 odd 5th-century caves having carvings, icon drawings, and inscriptions on the inside walls.
- Sair Sapata: It is an entertainment zone on the banks of Upper lake that offers various activities for kids and elders.
- Sanchi Stupa: It is a Buddhist monument built by Emperor Ashoka.
Is it safe to visit Bhopal right now?
Madhya Pradesh is a comparatively safer state as the total COVID-19 patients are now just above 10k. But, as of 22.11.2020, the state has declared a night curfew in Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Vidisha, and Ratlam due to a sudden spike in cases in these areas. Although, the capital city has resumed public transport with proper security measures. Using masks while in the public is made mandatory for all. redBus online portal provides more and latest updates on Bhopal and other states.
Bhopal is a safe city to travel to. Under the pandemic, the state has taken all precautionary measures to ensure safer travel for all. At the same time, it is advised to not venture out for travel unless it is absolutely necessary.