Jakarta Bus Tickets
Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia. The city is officially known as the Special Capital Region of Jakarta. The metropolitan is situated on the Java Coast on the North Westside. Jakarta is the country’s centre for culture, economy, and politics. You can enjoy Indonesia’s best museums, shopping, dining, and other tourist attractions in the capital city via bus to Jakarta. The city attracts people from all across the country, so you can find the representation of culture and people from every corner of the country here. Jakarta is the cultural melting pot of Indonesia. It is the most populous city in the country and provides the best of business and job opportunities to millions. So Jakarta is colloquially known as “Big Durian”, which is a native fruit similar to the tag of “Big apple” given to New York, as here too millions come by bus to Jakarta to better their lives.
Important Routes to and From Jakarta
Most tourists and visitors take one of these popular buses to Jakarta and bus from Jakarta routes:
- Jakarta to Bandung: The direct bus from Jakarta to Bandung travels a distance of approximately 145 km in roughly 3 hours and the fare is between Rp 50,000 to Rp 150.000 depending on the bus type.
- Jakarta to Semarang: Buses from Jakarta to Semarang take approximately 12 to 13 hours to travel a distance of 435 km roughly and the bus fare is between Rp 127.592 to Rp 268.500.
- Salatiga to Jakarta: Buses to Jakarta from Salatigo travels a distance of roughly 475 km in the duration of 11 to 12 hours for a fare of Rp 218.500 approximately.
- Solo to Jakarta: The cheapest way to travel from Solo to Jakarta is to take a bus to Jakarta which costs between Rp 140,000 to Rp 200.000 to travel a distance of approximately 530 km in roughly 16 hours.
- Jakarta to Ngawi: The cheapest way to go to Ngawi from Jakarta is to take a bus from Jakarta costing Rp 180,000 to Rp 270,000 and taking approximately 19 hours to travel a distance of roughly 604 km.
Popular Buses to and from Jakarta
There are many bus operators providing bus service in and around Jakarta who provide options when you are looking for a bus to or from Jakarta to your desired location. A few popular bus operators are:
Address in the city: Jl. Matraman Raya No. 25, East Jakarta.
Contact Number: 6281340468052
Average Ticket Price: Rp 195,000
Popular routes taken by DAMRI are buses from Jakarta to Lampung, Bandung to Lampung and Lampung to Yogyakarta. To enhance passengers' travel experience DAMRi provides many amenities such as full air-conditioner, comfortable seats, audio-visual system, karaoke, and large luggage storage.
- Address in the city: Jl. Cikedokan, RT.03/RT.02, Sukadanau Village, Cibitung, Bekasi, 17530
Contact Number: 62218832550-2, 622181212847
Average Ticket Price: Rp 145,000
Popular routes taken by Sinar Jaya are Sukoharjo to Tangerang, Wonogiri to Bekasi and Jakarta to Purworejo. For the comfort of the passengers, Sinar Jaya has many amenities such as full air-conditioning, comfortable chairs, arm & leg rest pillows, food, blankets, USB plugs and toilets.
Address in the city: Jl. Raya Pasar Minggu, Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia.
Contact Number: 62082298667628
Average Ticket Price: Rp 165,000
Popular routes taken by Lorena bus service are bus to Jakarta from Semarang, Jakarta to Solo, Yogyakarta to Jakarta and Kudus to Jakarta. For the comfort of the passengers, Lorena has many amenities such as full air-conditioning, reclining seats, toilet, and blanket.
Address in the city: Jl. Wijaya VII No.3 RT 4/ RW5,
Melawai, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta 12160.
Contact Number: (021) 7244999, (022) 2533456
Average Ticket Price: Rp 90,000
Popular routes taken by Baraya Travels are bus to Jakarta from Bandung, Bandung to Majalengka, and Bandung to Tangerang. For the comfort of the passengers, Baraya Travels has many amenities such as full air-conditioning, reclining seats, and luggage storage.
- Big Bird
Address in the city: Jl. Mampang Prapatan Raya No.60, Jakarta 12790
Contact Number: (021) 7971245
Average Ticket Price: Rp 95,000
Popular routes taken by Big Bird travels are Jakarta to Bandung and Bandung to Tangerang. For the comfort of the passengers, Big Bird has many amenities such as full air-conditioning, reclining seats, and luggage storage
Important Locations to visit
The vibrant city of Jakarta is full of beautiful attractions. The most popular tourist attractions in Jakarta are:
- National Monument: Also known as Monas is a prominent historical landmark built to commemorate Indonesia’s freedom struggle in 1961-1975.
- Istiqlal Mosque: It is the largest mosque in Southeast Asia with a grand prayer hall which has a big dome supported by massive columns.
- Jakarta Cathedral: It is a Roman Catholic mosque with neo-gothic architecture.
- Thousand Islands: This is a beautiful beach known for boating and sight-seeing.
Boarding Points and Dropping Points in Jakarta
There are numerous boarding and dropping points in Jakarta spread across the city for the convenience of the passengers. Some of the prominent bus boarding and dropping points are:
- Atrium Senen
- Mall Bassura
However, note that the bus boarding and dropping points may vary based on your chosen bus operator. You can check the boarding and dropping points online while booking your Jakarta bus tickets on redBus!
The diversity of culture and attractions makes Jakarta one of the most beautiful cities for holidays. Explore these attractions by booking your Jakarta bus tickets online on redBus, and enjoy the captivating attractions of the city.