Calcutta Bus Tickets
Kolkata was once India’s former capital during the British raj era in 1773. Today, it’s a city that’s popular for being the cultural hub of the country and oozing with vibrancy. For first-timers who visit Kolkata, they are amazed by the food scene and are quick to head to the New Market Area, which is where shopping and exploring take place. There are many museums and historical sites dotted throughout the city and hopping on a bus to Kolkata via redBus will get you to these places in no time!
Important Routes to and From Kolkata
Here’s a list of the most popular routes covered by bus operators who run their services from Kolkata. You can book a bus to Kolkata online via the redBus app or website for these routes.
- Digha to Kolkata: The average ticket fare for a bus journey from Digha to Kolkata is INR 150. The distance between Digha to Kolkata is 184 km, and it takes about 9 hours for the journey.
- Asansol to Kolkata: Asansol to Kolkata is a 5-hour journey when travelling via an A/C sleeper class coach. The average ticket fare is INR 600 and the popular route taken is via the NH19.
- Kolkata to Durgapur: Kolkata to Durgapur is a 2 hour and 47-minute journey when departing from Esplanade Bus Stand. Some bus operators leave from Dunlop Bridge as well.
- Mandarmani to Kolkata: A lot of buses are running from Chaulkhola to Kolkata. The distance is about 172 km with the average ticket fare starting at INR 150.
- Siliguri to Kolkata: Buses leave from the Tenzing Norgay Bus Terminus for heading to Kolkata from Siliguri. Many A/C sleeper, Volvos and semi-sleeper coaches run this route and the time taken is an average 12 hours for the journey.
Popular Buses to and from Kolkata
Some of the top bus agencies providing services in Kolkata to travel to other destinations are as follows.
Address in the City: Neheru Market, old Digha, Sibalaya, Gobindabasan, West Bengal: 721428.
Contact Number: 09800373394
Average Ticket Price: INR 320
Ankita Paribahan is a travel agency specialising in providing A/C sleeper coaches to customers who are heading to Kolkata. Their buses are equipped with modern amenities like high-quality entertainment systems, reading lights, GPS tracking, and COVID-19 safety masks.
Address in the City: Old Digha, Purba Medinipur, West Bengal.
Contact Number: Missing
Average Ticket Price: INR 300
Snehita Paribahan services buses running from Digha to Kolkata. Their most popular route is Kolkata to Siliguri, and the bus is deep-cleaned for meeting world-class hygiene and safety standards. Also, the entire bus staff wears masks, and hand sanitizers are provided onboard the coaches.
Address in the City: 10, Marquis Street, Kolkata: 700016, West Bengal.
Contact Number: 9836583691
Average Ticket Price: INR 390
Shyamoli Pvt. Ltd is one of the best travel agencies in Kolkata. It is located near the city centre and provides 2 2 seater Volvo A/C buses for travelling to and from Kolkata. Hand sanitizers, movies, and reading lights are included in the list of amenities for the buses. However, no blankets/linens are provided.
Address in the City: 4, Motilal Mullick Ln, Neogipara,
Ariadaha, Kolkata, West Bengal: 700035.
Contact Number: 07044090041
Average Ticket Price: INR 620
Greenline is a travel agency that’s been rated at a high 4.2/5 by travellers. The agency is open 24 x 7 and their Volvo buses are famous for providing spacious and comfortable seats.
Address in the City: Durgapur Corporate Office,
Dr. B.C. Roy Avenue, Durgapur: 713201.
Contact Number: 7699993935
Average Ticket Price: INR 101
SBSTC prides itself if providing state-of-the-art buses to its passengers. CCTV cameras, charging points and air-conditioners are equipped in every coach and popular travel routes covered are Barrackpore, Digha, and Haldia.
Important Locations to Visit
Kolkata has several attractions worth visiting for those who are new to the city. Here are a few of the most accessible ones via buses.
- Esplanade: Esplanade is one of the popular hotspots of shopping districts of Kolkata. Here you will find crossroads intersecting each other and hop on trolleys along the way for transportation.
- Mullick Ghat Flower Market: It’s one of the busiest flower markets in the city. Tourists visit this area for buying wedding gifts, festival decoration and exclusive floral merchandise.
- Howrah Bridge: Tourists spot this iconic landmark when they first arrive in Kolkata. Many buses connect directly to this destination and nearby landmarks.
- Khalighat Temple: A lot of festivals are hosted in this area, and the temple is a symbol of religious significance. The architecture has splendour, and the surrounding areas are simply beautiful.
- Kolay Market: This is a destination where people can buy organic produce. The market is lined with hawkers selling fresh produce.
- Indian Museum: The Indian Museum houses most impressive artefacts and exhibits from the bygone eras. The entry fee is nominal, and cameras are allowed inside.
Boarding Points and Dropping Points in Kolkata
The most popular boarding and drop-off points in Kolkata for these bus operators are:
The boarding and drop-off points will vary from operator to operation, which is why you want to get in touch with the bus agency you’re booking tickets directly.
redBus makes it easy for travellers to catch a bus to or from Kolkata and get to the city hassle-free. Get ready to have a wonderful time and explore scenic destinations via Kolkata buses on redBus!