Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes) Bus Tickets
Machu-Picchu, located near the Urubamba River in Peru, is a beautiful and mystic tourist attraction. The specular location is famous for its archaeological remains from the Incan times. The ancient city is awe-inspiring and was once forgotten, till rediscovered in the 20th century. It is a must-visit site for all tourists coming to Peru, surrounded by lush vegetation and steep mountains. This Inca city from the pre-Columbian era is known for its legacy and immense beauty in the world and Latin-America. It is one of the wonders of the world and is protected by UNESCO. Tourists take a bus to Machu Picchu to explore this emblematic Inca city to see the incredible landscape, Incan ruins and the therapeutic thermal springs. Book a bus to Machu Picchu for a memorable vacation with redBus today!
Important Routes to and From Machu Picchu
There are not many buses to Machu Picchu from many cities and towns in Peru. Visitors have to come to the nearby town of Aguas Calientes from Cusco and then take a bus to Machu Picchu from Aguas Calientes or walk to Machu-Picchu. So they need to travel to Cusco and then from there to Aguas Calientes. Some important routes to and from Cusco are:
- Aguas Calientes to Cusco: Aguas Calientes to Cusco is the most popular route covering a distance of 73 km in approximately 3 hours for a fare of s/ 30 roughly.
- Cusco to Terminal Atocongo: Bus from Cusco to Terminal Atocongo covers a distance of roughly 1142 km in about 21 hours with a fare starting at s/ 56.
- Abancay to Cusco: Cusco to Abancay is the cheapest travel option with a fare starting s/ 15 for a distance of 210 km covered in roughly 5 hours.
- Ica to Cusco: Ica to Cusco bus travels a distance of approximately 859 km in 20 to 21 hours with a fare starting at s/ 80.
- Cusco to Lima: Cusco from Lima bus the cheapest travel option with fare starting s/ 58 for a distance of approximately 1160 km in 20 to 21 hours.
Popular Buses to and from Machu-Picchu
For a bus to Machu-Picchu, passengers have to come to Cusco, and then from Cusco travel to Aguas Calientes and take a shuttle to Machu-Picchu. Some popular bus operators providing service to and from Cusco to Aguas Calientes are:
Address in the city: Terminal Terrestre de Arequipa,
Distrito Jacobo Hunter | Counter A-7;
Contact Number: 969468656
Average Ticket Price: s/ 25
Popular routes are taken by Turismo Puma bus service Cusco to Aguas Calientes and Terrestre Puno to Arequipa. Turismo Puma provides many amenities such as reclining leather seats, Tv, reading lights, toilet, blankets, and full air-conditioning.
Address in the city: Av. El Sol 106, Galerías La Merced,
Segundo Piso, Oficina 201
Contact Number: 977245355
Average Ticket Price: s/ 15
Popular routes taken by Machupicchu Express are Cusco to Aguas Calientes and Cusco to Hidroelectrica. Machupicchu Express has many amenities like USB plugs, full air-conditioner, and comfortable seats.
Address in the city: Terminal Terrestre de Cusco;
Terminal Terrestre Cusco - counter 01
Contact Number: 01 3311999
Average Ticket Price: s/ 30
Popular routes taken by Romeliza are Cusco to Aguas Calientes, Cusco to La Victoria and Arequipa to La Victoria. Romeliza has many amenities such as reclining seats, TV/music, full air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, reading lights, GPS, heating, USB plugs, and luggage storage.
Address in the city: Terminal Terrestre de Cusco
Contact Number: 984768774
Average Ticket Price: s/ 30
Popular routes taken by Maldonado Tours are Cusco to Aguas Calientes, Cusco to Puerto Maldonado and Lima to Puerto Maldonado. Maldonado Tours has many amenities, such as reclining seats, full air-conditioning, TV, Wi-Fi, blankets, GPS monitoring, and restroom.
Address in the city: Terminal Terrestre de Cusco Trans Salvador SRL,
Distrito de Wanchaq | Centenario, Frente a la puerta N. 2 del Terminal Terrestre
Contact Number: 974216171
Average Ticket Price: s/ 40
Popular routes taken by Transsalvador are Cusco to Aguas Calientes and La Paz to Cusco. Transsalvador has many amenities such as full air-conditioning, reclining seats, TV, reading light, and toilet.
Important Locations to visit
Machu-Picchu is full of natural beauty and Incan ruins. Few of the essential locations to visit in Machu-Picchu are:
- Wayna Picchu: This small and steep mountain peak is ideal for hiking and takes the visitors to the back of the ruins.
- Museum Manuel Chavez Ballon: This museum showcases the building methods used by the Incan people and about the archaeological excavations used on the site.
- Thermal fountains: These are sulphurous water fountains, suitable for a medicinal and relaxing bath after strenuous trekking.
- Inca Drawbridge: Visit this Inca drawbridge past the Funerary Rock to see the cloud-covered forest vegetation and marvellous views of Machu-Picchu.
- Cerro Machu Picchu: A gentle hiking mountain with the path full of vegetation including orchids and breath-taking scenery.
Boarding Points and Dropping Points in Lima
There are many boarding and dropping points in Aguas Calientes for the bus to Machu Picchu. Some of the popular ones are:
- El Mapi Hotel
- Sumaq Hotel
- Hatuchay Tower Hotel
- Andina Luxury
- Casa del Sol
- Inkaterra Pueblo Hotel
However, note that the bus to Machu Picchu boarding and dropping point may vary as per your chosen bus operator. You can check the complete details of boarding and dropping points online while booking your Machu-Picchu bus tickets on redBus!
The mystic Incan ruins, natural beauty, history, and thermal fountains make Machu-Picchu worth visiting. Explore the beauty of Machu-Picchu by booking your bus tickets online on the redBus website today!