Medellin Bus Tickets
Awarded by Wall Street as one of the world’s most innovative cities, Medellin is no stranger to being a vibrant and beautiful tourism hub. It’s located in the Abura Valley of the Andes Mountains and known to be Colombia's second-largest city. You can get a direct bus to Medellin by booking bus tickets online through redBus. Some buses leave early in the morning while the departure time for the rest varies depending on the bus operator being travelled with.
Important Routes to and From Medellin
There are a lot of ways to get a bus from Medellin to other cities and vice versa when travelling. Here is a list of the most popular routes available:
- Terminal De El Retiro to Medellin: The bus journey from Terminal De El Retiro to Medellin is approximately an hour long. Sotraretiro is a bus operator providing services along this route.
- Guatape to Medellin: Regular buses run from the Guatape terminal to Medellin. The journey lasts for about 2 hours and the average ticket price is INR 420.
- El Penol to Medellin: Taking a bus Medellin from the airport to Rionegro and getting down where the shared jeeps leave for El Penol is the fastest way to get to the city. Tourists have to get down and change buses again along this route and it takes about 3 hours from El Penol to reach.
- Medellin to Santa Fe: If there’s not a lot of traffic, the average time taken to reach Santa Fe from Medellin is about 1hr 24 mins. The distance between the two cities is 28 miles and the lowest ticket fare is INR 197.
- El Retiro to Medellin: Buses depart every day from El Retiro to Medellin every 20 minutes. It takes about an hour to reach and the average ticket fare is INR 132.
Popular Buses to and From Medellin
The most popular bus operators that run from other cities to Medellin are as follows.
Address in the City: Av 19 7-25 L-1, Campohermoso,
Manizales, Caldas, Colombia.
Contact Number: 57 6 8842464
Expreso Sideral has many buses running from Medellin to other destinations. It’s a bus agency that offers top-class amenities along with the coaches.
Contact Number: 01 8000 181 670
Omega has strong ties to Colombia and has direct buses going to Medellin. Their quality of service is exceptional and their major offices are in locations along the Atlantic Coast. Wi-Fi and snacks, entertainment centres, and air-conditioned coaches are the amenities offered by them during the journey.
Address in the City: Cl. 24 #23-2, Retiro, Antioquia, Colombia.
Contact Number: 57 4 5412101
Sotraretiro has direct public buses running from El Retiro to Medellin. The coaches have sufficient legroom and tourists have rated the journey to be a very comfortable and luxurious experience.
Address in the City: A 26-170 2614 Calle 38, Sincelejo, Sucre, Colombia.
Contact Number: 57 5 2824479
Transportes Luz is a travel agency specializing in providing buses, cabs and taxis for the journey to Medellin. Modern amenities are equipped within the buses and the safety and hygiene standards maintained are exceptional.
Address in the City: Terminal de Transportes, Los Cambolos,
Manizales, Caldas, Colombia.
Contact Number: 57 6 8786800
Rapido Tolima has regular buses running to Medellin and has been rated highly by tourists. The bus staff is friendly and accommodating which makes it a pleasant journey.
Important Locations to Visit
Here are some of the top attractions worth visiting in Medellin.
- Museum of Antioquia: A city hall that was transformed into a museum, it houses Colombia’s most famous paintings and artefacts, both contemporary and vintage.
- Real City Tours: Real City Tours has free walking tours that take tourists to the Forest of Lights, Parque Berrio and various popular destinations in the city.
- Botanical Gardens: Located at the heart of the city, this is a famous garden that’s home to over 4,500 flowers and various wildlife species.
- Poblado: Poblado features an upscale housing community and a neighbourhood comprising people from various cultures and backpackers. Tourists book hotels and budget hostels here and explore various cuisines.
- Casa de la Memoria: Casa de la Memoria gives insight into Columbia's deep history and culture. It’s a historic landmark and an architectural gem in the city.
Boarding and Dropping Points in Medellin
If you’re taking a bus to Medellin, you’d want to be aware of the most common boarding and drop-off points. Here’s a list of the popular ones among bus operators:
- Terminal Del Norte
- Terminal Del Sur
- Terminal El Retiro
- Terminal De Santa Fe
- Terminal De Guatape
Most of the boarding and drop-off points are located at the major bus terminals themselves, but it’s a good idea to get in touch with the bus operator you’re travelling with directly for confirmation since they may vary according to arrival and departure schedules.
Booking a bus ticket to Medellin is simple and easy. The app lists departure and arrival schedules for various bus operators providing services to and from this destination. The Annual Flower Festival is one of the highlights of the city which you simply cannot miss on your way there. Travel with redBus today by booking a bus to Medellin and make memories with your loved ones.