Shimla Bus Tickets
Shimla is the capital city of Himachal Pradesh and situated at an altitude of 2,205 meters from the plains. The destination is surrounded by lush pine, and oak forests and tourists flock here every year to explore the sights. There’s a lot of cultural heritage and history attached to the place, and the best way to visit is to take a bus to Shimla. Booking a bus ticket to Shimla is convenient these days as redBus has many bus operators that connect directly to Shimla from other cities.
Important Routes to and From Shimla
Buses that depart from Shimla run regularly. We recommend checking with the bus operators regarding the timings and specific routes. Here are the most popular ways covered for journeys to Shimla.
- Delhi to Shimla: Delhi to Shimla bus journey takes approximately 18 hours 59 mins, and most HRTC buses depart from the Kashmiri Gate. HPTDC buses from the Mandi House also leave for Shimla.
- Manali to Shimla: Tourists can take a bus to Shimla from Manali by travelling via HRTC. They have six luxury buses that depart from Manali, and the starting bus ticket price is INR 452.
- Kullu to Shimla: Kullu buses to Shimla leave at around 04:30 AM and are operated primarily by HRTC. The cheapest bus ticket starts at INR 382 and increases depending on the bus type tourists travel in while the distance covered is 40 km.
- Shimla to Chandigarh: It takes about 2.5 to 3.5 hours to reach Chandigarh if you take a bus from Shimla. The distance between the two cities is approximately 112 km on road and tourists prefer making bus bookings through redBus for this trip online.
- Dharamshala to Shimla: Two-way bus tickets are available for Dharamshala to Shimla bookings. The minimum ticket fare is INR 429, and HRTC buses depart at 5 AM and 9:30 PM.
Popular Buses to and From Shimla
Most of the Volvo buses that service Shimla are air-conditioned and equipped with modern amenities. There are many bus operators, and these are the top ones according to redBus user reviews and ratings.
Address in the City: Tanishq Building, Rd.No 1, Ganganagar, Phursungi, Pune, Maharashtra, 412308.
Contact Number: 09822042332
Average Ticket Price: TBA
Tanishq Holidays Tours is a top travel agency located in Pune. Their buses cater to travelling to Shimla, and the agency covers 156 different routes regularly for other destinations. Air-conditioned coaches, blankets, charging points, and various modern amenities are included.
Address in the City: Government of Rajasthan, Jaipur.
Contact Number: 7412069769/7412069699
Average Ticket Price: TBA
RSRTC runs bus services under the Rajasthan Government’s banner and is headquartered in Jaipur. Volvo buses are provided for long-distance journeys to places like Shimla.
Address in the City: 2nd floor, Konterra building, Plot 505,
Phase III, Gurugram, Haryana - 122016
Contact Number: 08287009889
Average Ticket Price: N/A
Zingbus offers convenient and affordable ways to travel to Shimla. You can book an air-conditioned Volvo bus to Shimla online through them and avail amenities such as free WiFi, blankets, and water bottles.
Address in the City: Sangam Vihar Rd, Sangam Vihar,
Wazirabad, Delhi, 110084.
Contact Number: 08894755055
Average Ticket Price: INR 799
Northern Travels provides buses from Manali to Shimla and Kullu to Shimla. The agency includes regular temperature checks with every coach. The buses are equipped with hand-sanitizers, and the entire staff wears masks for added safety.
Address in the City: SH-19, Sarkaghat, Himachal Pradesh: 175024.
Contact Number: 01905230079
Average Ticket Price: INR 807
HRTC regularly sends buses to and from Shimla to Delhi and various destinations. They also offer exclusive pilgrimage tours, and popular travel routes include Shimla-Ambala, Delhi-Shimla and Pathankot-Shimla.
Important Locations to Visit
If you’re visiting Shimla, there are several destinations worth exploring. These offer a glimpse into the life and culture of Himachalis.
- Mall Road, Shimla
- Kalka Shimla Toy Train
- Chail Tourism
- Kufri Tourism
- The Ridge
- Tattapani Tourism
Boarding Points and Dropping Points in Shimla
There are many boarding and dropping points for these bus operators. Some of the most popular ones are:
- Near Victory Tunnel
- Shimla Crossing Bypass
- Shoghi Bus Stop near SBI Bank
- Tutikandi ISBT
Different bus operators have other boarding and drop-off points which is something to bear in mind.
Booking a bus to Shimla via redBus is as easy as a few taps. Customers can book bus tickets online through the app or directly on the website. There are exclusive offers and discounts provided by bus operators depending on the season and time of the year, which is worth watching out for. Hop on a bus to Shimla to explore the wonders of this place and have a fantastic time with your loved ones today.