Belgium Travel Restrictions
Last Updated on: 30th April 2021
The Government of Belgium has issued certain travel restrictions in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Passengers looking for the latest information on Belgium travel restrictions can refer to this page and plan their journey from the country of their residence to Belgium. While wearing a mask, maintaining required physical distance, and proof of negative Covid-19 test are some of the mandatory aspects passengers need to remember while traveling to Belgium, this page will discuss all the special travel restrictions imposed by the state in detail. We recommend that you check on a regular basis and also refer to the official website of the country you wish to travel to as rules on travel ban are rapidly changing.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Belgium
Key Points to keep in mind
- Citizens/ nationals of EU Schengen can enter Belgium.
- Covid-19 negative test certificate is required.
- Government guidelines are to be followed at public transport.
What are the travel restrictions in Belgium?
- Passengers arriving from Brazil, South Africa, and India are not allowed to enter.
- This does not apply to the residents of Belgium coming from the aforementioned countries.
- Entry is allowed for citizens of the EU Schengen Area (EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland), Vatican, San Marino, Andorra, Monaco, Australia, New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Cyprus.
- Passengers are not allowed to transit if arriving from a non-Schengen member state to a Schenegen state.
What are the documents required while traveling to Belgium?
- Passengers transiting Belgium by land in order to enter another country will provide proof that they can enter the respective country.
- Negative Covid-19 test result issued at most 3 days before arrival.
- Passenger location form (PLF) needs to be filled.
- Passengers transiting through Belgium should also have a negative Covid-19 PCR report.
Are there any quarantine rules in Belgium?
- Passengers arriving in Belgium are subject to quarantine. More information can be found on Belgian Government website for Covid-19.
What guidelines do I need to follow while in Belgium?
- 1.5 metres of physical distancing is required.
- Mandatory mask wearing at public places
- In Brussels, people are not allowed to be on the street from 10 pm to 5 am.