Montenegro Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 30th April 2021
The Government of Montenegro has issued certain travel restrictions in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Passengers looking for the latest information on Montenegro travel restrictions can refer to this page and plan their journey from the country of their residence to Montenegro. While wearing a mask, maintaining required physical distance, and proof of negative Covid-19 test are some of the mandatory aspects passengers need to remember while traveling to Montenegro, this page will discuss all the special travel restrictions imposed by the state in detail. We recommend that you check on a regular basis and also refer to the official website of the country you wish to travel to as rules on travel ban are rapidly changing.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Montenegro
Key Points to keep in mind
- Covid-19 negative certificate is required for travelers from all countries.
- Public transport is operational with some restrictions.
- Masks and physical distancing is mandatory.
What are the travel restrictions in Montenegro?
- Entry is allowed for citizens and nationals of Montenegro, as well as residents from European countries, Algeria, Andorra, Azerbaijan, Barbados, Brunei, Fiji, Philippines, Georgia, Indonesia, Iceland, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, South Korea, Canada, Cambodia, China, Cuba, Liechtenstein, Madagascar, Malaysia, Morocco, Mauritius, Mongolia, Monaco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Norway, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Russia, Senegal, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Uruguay, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Israel, Singapore, Serbia, United States, North Macedonia, Seychelles, Lebanon, Australia, Angola, Egypt and Nepal.
What are the documents required while traveling to Montenegro?
- Passengers are required to have a negative Covid-19 PCR test report taken before 72 hours of departure from the first departure point.
- This does not apply to:
- Passengers below 5 years of age
- Passengers with positive antibodies test result taken at most 30 days before departure.
- Passengers with Covid-19 vaccination certificate with second dose taken at most 7 days before departure.
Are there any quarantine rules in Montenegro?
- No quarantine rules are declared by the government.
What guidelines do I need to follow while in Montenegro?
- Wearing facemasks is a must in public spaces indoors and outdoors.
- 2 metres of physical distancing is required.
- Nationwide restrictions need to be followed.
- Passengers can also read guidelines and recommendations by the Government of Montenegro.