Poland Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 20th May 2021
The Government of Poland has issued certain travel restrictions in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Passengers looking for the latest information on Poland travel restrictions can refer to this page and plan their journey from the country of their residence to Poland. While wearing a mask, maintaining required physical distance, and proof of negative Covid-19 test are some of the mandatory aspects passengers need to remember while traveling to Poland, this page will discuss all the special travel restrictions imposed by the state in detail. We recommend that you check on a regular basis and also refer to the official website of the country you wish to travel to as rules on travel ban are rapidly changing.
** European Union countries have decided to open their borders to select non-EU countries which would include people from Britain as well as vaccinated Americans. It should be noted that the opening of EU countries might not be universal as countries can individually ask for a negative COVID-19 test or can impose a period of quarantine on arrival. A new list of eligible counties will be prepared and released either this week or early next week. **
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Poland
Key Points to keep in mind
- Passengers from the EU Schengen Area can enter
- Negative Covid-19 report is required
- 10 days of mandatory quarantine
What are the travel restrictions followed in Poland?
- International travelers from the EU Schengen Area such as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland), Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, South Korea, Tunisia, Australia, Georgia and Cyprus are allowed.
- Foreign nationals that are not from the EU Schengen Area are not allowed to enter.
What are the documents required while traveling to Poland?
- Travelers need a negative Covid-19 test report.
Are there any quarantine rules in Poland?
- Passengers must undergo 10 days of self quarantine. Those fully vaccinated are exempted from quarantine. One can check quarantine rules on the official website of the Republic of Poland.
- Travelers can also take a COVID-19 test after their entry to Poland and a negative test result will exempt them from quarantine.
What guidelines do I need to follow while in Poland?
- Mandatory mask
- 1.5 metre of physical distance
- Other guidelines imposed by local authorities