Slovakia Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 7th May 2021
The Government of Slovakia has issued certain travel restrictions in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Passengers looking for the latest information on Slovakia travel restrictions can refer to this page and plan their journey from the country of their residence to Slovakia. While wearing a mask, maintaining required physical distance, and proof of negative Covid-19 test are some of the mandatory aspects passengers need to remember while traveling to Slovakia, this page will discuss all the special travel restrictions imposed by the state in detail. We recommend that you check on a regular basis and also refer to the official website of the country you wish to travel to as rules on travel ban are rapidly changing.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Slovakia
Key Points to keep in mind
- Public transport in Slovakia is operational with limited capacity.
- Only essential travel is allowed.
- Self-quarantine is required.
What are the travel restrictions in Slovakia?
- Entry to Slovakia is allowed for travelers from the EU/EEA, and the citizens/nationals of these countries.
- Travelers from the EU can also transit through Slovakia to their country of residence.
- Borders of Slovakia with Ukraine are closed.
- All transportation from the UK is suspended.
What are the documents required while traveling to Slovakia?
- All passengers from abroad have to register with Slovak Government prior to their departure.
- Passengers also require to fill the public health declaration form.
Are there any quarantine rules in Slovakia?
- All passengers arriving in Slovakia have to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- The quarantine will be shortened if they test negative in the Covid-19 test on the 8th day.
- Fully vaccinated passengers from EU countries are exempted.
What guidelines do I need to follow while in Slovakia?
- Wearing a face mask while using public transport and at public places is mandatory.
- 2 metres of physical distance has to be maintained.
- Domestic crossings may be subject to approval.