Spain Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 7th May 2021
The Government of Spain has issued certain travel restrictions in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Passengers looking for the latest information on Spain travel restrictions can refer to this page and plan their journey from the country of their residence to Spain. While wearing a mask, maintaining required physical distance, and proof of negative Covid-19 test are some of the mandatory aspects passengers need to remember while traveling to Spain, this page will discuss all the special travel restrictions imposed by the state in detail. We recommend that you check on a regular basis and also refer to the official website of the country you wish to travel to as rules on travel ban are rapidly changing.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Spain
Key Points to keep in mind
- Only citizens of EU Schengen area are allowed
- Covid-19 negative report is required
- Quarantine required for Indians
- Government imposed guidelines to follow
What are the travel restrictions followed in Spain?
- International travelers that are allowed to enter Spain include: Citizens and permanent residents of Spain and residents from EU Schengen Area (EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland), Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, Australia, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Cyprus, China, Singapore, Gibraltar, Hong Kong and Macau.
- Foreign nationals from outside the EU Schengen Area and travelers from Brazil and South Africa are not allowed to enter.
What are documents required while traveling to Spain?
- Passengers need a Covid-19 negative RT-PCR test report and a medical discharge certificate specifying that the patient has recovered and is not contagious.
- Passengers must fill the Health Control form on Spain Travel Health website and present the form upon arrival.
Are there any quarantine rules in Spain?
- Spain has imposed a 10-day quarantine for travelers from India Covid-19 surge.
- No quarantine is required to EU Schengen countries and approved third countries.
What guidelines do I need to follow while in Spain?
- Mandatory face mask
- 1.5 metres of physical distance required
- Domestic, cross-border travel is subject to local guidelines and approval
- Travelers are subject to medical screening upon arrival
- For more information on rules to follow while traveling in Spain, one can check the official site of Spain Travel Information