Sweden Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 20th May 2021
The Government of Sweden has issued certain travel restrictions in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Passengers looking for the latest information on Sweden travel restrictions can refer to this page and plan their journey from the country of their residence to Sweden. While wearing a mask, maintaining required physical distance, and proof of negative Covid-19 test are some of the mandatory aspects passengers need to remember while traveling to Sweden, this page will discuss all the special travel restrictions imposed by the state in detail. We recommend that you check on a regular basis and also refer to the official website of the country you wish to travel to as rules on travel ban are rapidly changing.
** European Union countries have decided to open their borders to select non-EU countries which would include people from Britain as well as vaccinated Americans. It should be noted that the opening of EU countries might not be universal as countries can individually ask for a negative COVID-19 test or can impose a period of quarantine on arrival. A new list of eligible counties will be prepared and released either this week or early next week. **
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Sweden
Key Points to keep in mind
- Travelers from EU Schengen Area are allowed
- Passengers from some countries are not allowed until 31st May 2021
- Covid-19 negative report is required
- No quarantine required
- Government imposed restrictions to follow
What are the travel restrictions followed in Sweden?
- Entry to Sweden is allowed for travelers from the EU Schengen Area such as Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland), Andorra, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican, Australia, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea, Thailand, Cyprus and the United Kingdom.
- Travelers from outside the EU Schengen Area are not permitted to enter until 31st May 2021.
- Passengers younger than 18 years with parents residing in Sweden are allowed to enter.
- More details on travel restrictions can be found on the official Sweden Travel Restrictions website.
- Entry is allowed for the residents of Australia, Japan, Canada, New Zealand, Rwanda, South Korea and Thailand.
What are the documents required while traveling to Sweden?
- Passengers need a negative Covid-19 antigen, LAMP, or PCR report. This is not required for nationals of Sweden and passengers below 18 years of age.
Are there any quarantine rules in Sweden?
- No quarantine rules are yet announced.
What guidelines do I need to follow while in Sweden?
- Mandatory face mask
- 1 metre of physical distance
- Covid-19 guidelines imposed by local authorities