Affordable tickets with world's best travel companies
It will take 5 hours 36 mins to reach from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap. The earliest departure from Phnom Penh is at 12:30 AM. And the last bus is at 11:55 PM. The price for one bus ticket starts from USD 12.
|No of Services
|5 hrs 0 mins
|Seila Angkor Khmer Express
|6 hrs 0 mins
|5 hrs 30 mins
|6 hrs 0 mins
|Chan Moly Roth
|5 hrs 30 mins
Avg. Bus Duration
5 hrs 36 mins
Buses depart from
Bus arrives in
Daily Bus Services
Cheapest Bus Tickets
36 Mn+ satisfied customers
Over 3500 bus-company partners
2,00,000+ bookings per day
World's largest bus-ticket platform
Assured seat of your choice
Secured and Verified payments
Travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap by bus, witnessing Cambodia's enchanting landscapes. Transitioning from urban hustle to serene countryside, this 320-kilometer Phnom Penh to Siem Reap bus journey is a window into Cambodia's heart. With diverse bus options, you'll arrive in Siem Reap, the gateway to the majestic Angkor Wat, in just 5-6 hours.
As the capital of Cambodia since 1434, Phnom Penh is not only the largest but also the wealthiest city in the country. The city has many historical and beautiful attractions, such as the Royal Palace, vintage colonial buildings, and temples, which are located in the south-central part of the country.
Four national highways and three rail lines connect the city with other parts of Cambodia, with the seaport at Kâmpóng Saôm, and neighbouring Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos.
The Phnom Penh to Siem Reap bus route is one of the most popular routes in Cambodia, with a significant number of passengers travelling daily. Taking a bus from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap takes approximately five hours, as the distance between them is 318 Km, and buses serve this route more conveniently than any other mode of transportation.
The following are the most prominent long-distance bus boarding points from Phnom- Penh, varying according to each bus operator:
The vibrant and exciting city of Cambodia, Siem Reap, attracts people from worldwide. With its stunning Angkor Wat temple complex, beautiful countryside, and laid-back atmosphere, Siem Reap has something for everyone. Siem Reap has a tropical wet and dry climate. Throughout the year, it is generally hot, with an average high temperature of 30°C. Starting in May and lasting until October, Siem Reap has a relatively lengthy wet season.
Since the inscription of the Angkor complex on the World Heritage List in 1992, the economy of Siem Reap (SR) has shifted from agriculture to secondary (labour-intensive) and tertiary (service) industries.
According to bus operator schedules, bus services from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap begin in the morning and end in the evening. The company offers AC semi-sleepers, non-A/C semi-sleepers, non-A/C seats, and ordinary deluxe buses.
RedBus allows you to book Phnom Penh to Siem Reap bus tickets online for various bus types, and below are the most well-known drop-off points:
Numerous bus companies offer economy and VIP services on the Phnom Penh to Siem Reap route. To get there in time, leave Phnom Penh before noon so you can travel to Siem Reap in 5.5 to 7 hours.
The average cost of an economy bus is $5-$6, and it seats about 50 people. A VIP bus seats around 15 people and is smaller and more comfortable. Depending on your route, they can cost $9 to $12 one way.
Bus rides on VIP buses are generally shorter (6 hours) than those on economy buses (7 hours), and they are more convenient (e.g., if you have to use the restroom) than those on economy buses. Along the way, both types will stop for short toilet breaks and snacks.
With RedBus, you can book bus tickets between cities. With Google Pay, Amazon Pay, and Phone Pe, customers can enjoy exclusive discounts and cashback offers when booking tickets online.
Discover the best deals on bus tickets from Phnom - Penh to Siem - Reap by exploring the RedBus booking offers page. You can also book discounted bus tickets online and have a happy bus journey by checking the bus route. The following is a list of Phnom - Penh to Siem - Reap bus prices offered by different bus operators.
The Phnom Penh to Siem bus route is one of the most popular in Cambodia. Several bus operators provide their services between these cities. Types of buses include:
Here are a few must-visit places in and around Siem Reap:
1. Angkor National Museum: This museum displays audio-visual presentations along with Khmer treasures from temples and other Cambodian archaeological sites from the Angkorian period.
2. Cambodian Circus Show: This is a contemporary circus similar to Canada's Cirque du Soleil, with a story woven throughout the performance, bringing together drama and comedy.
3. Angkor Park: The Flight of the Gibbon zipline tour crosses over a jungle canopy on a two-hour course.
4. Banteay Srey Butterfly Centre: Southeast Asia's largest butterfly enclosure features thousands of endemic butterfly species and a tropical garden filled with lush greenery and flowers.
5. Koh Ker: The imposing 40-meter-high Prasat Thom temple( Koh Ker) by Jayavarman IV is the most spectacular site in the city and is a must-visit.
6. Tonle Sap Villages: Exploring these villages by boat is typically done on organized tours in Siem Reap or privately with boat operators.
7. Psar Chaa: This central market offers a wide variety of products, including fresh produce, cheap clothes, and wooden and stone carvings.
8. Landmine Museum: Located 25 kilometres north of Siem Reap, it highlights Cambodia's landmine problem and its de-mining efforts.
9. Les Chantiers Ecoles: Students at this school learn traditional Khmer crafts such as stone carving, lacquering, and silk painting.
10. Angkor Night Market: The Angkor Night Market is another market not to miss. Usually, it operates from late afternoon until midnight. A wide variety of local craftwork is available here, from silk scarves to silver jewellery.
Looking for a specific bus operator for your bus ticket booking? Our platform is one of the most comprehensive bus operator listings in Cambodia. We provide information about 2000 bus operators (and the number is growing!) located across Cambodia, including their buses, routes, and lowest fares. Choose your favourite bus operator and book your ticket!
Below is the curated list of top bus operators from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap:
RedBus offers a comprehensive list of intercity bus routes and schedules that makes finding and booking intercity bus tickets easy. Travellers worldwide can take advantage of RedBus' language and currency options, regardless of where they are. You can buy tickets confidently with RedBus because it partners with safe and reliable bus companies worldwide.