Kuala Lumpur Bus Tickets
The skylines of Kuala Lumpur are dotted with beautiful minarets. And Kuala Lumpur is a city that’s brimming with a beautiful blend of cultural diversity, from Indian food on the streets to authentic Malaysian delicacies, the outstanding architecture of historical landmarks and fantastic cuisines draw tourists from around the world for a visit. And if you’re heading there, you can book a bus to Kuala Lumpur via redBus today.
Important Routes to and From Kuala Lumpur
Various routes are covered from and to Kuala Lumpur by redBus travel agencies. You can download the redBus app or visit the redBus website directly to learn more about the amenities and trip details. Here’s a list of the most popular routes covered:
- Penang to Kuala Lumpur: It takes about 5 hours to reach Kuala Lumpur from Penang as long as the traffic is not much. Most buses depart from the TBS Bus Terminal (Terminal Bersepadu) for this route.
- Singapore to Kuala Lumpur: Kuala Lumpur is separated from Singapore by approximately 358 km. It’s possible to take a direct bus to Kuala Lumpur, and the journey lasts for about 5 hours depending on traffic conditions. The average bus ticket fare ranges between SGD 28 to SGD 80 for this route.
- Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur: A bus ticket from Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur starts at $8 per head, and the journey lasts for about 5 hours based on traffic conditions and weather. There’s a stop included of about 20 minutes into the route for refreshments by the buses plying through here.
- Kuala Lumpur to Penang Sentral: City Holidays and KKKL Express provides night buses to Kuala Lumpur from Penang Sentral. Ticket prices start at RM 36 to RM 60 for this journey, and over 23 bus operators cover this route.
- KLIA to Kuala Lumpur: The fastest way to get to Kuala Lumpur from KLIA is to take a bus from Kuala Lumpur International Airport ERL Station. The fare starts at MYR 55 and goes higher depending on the bus type and operator you choose to travel with.
Popular Buses to and From Kuala Lumpur
If you’re taking a bus to Kuala Lumpur, these travel agencies offer luxurious and affordable travel options. Here are the top bus operators that operate along routes to and from Kuala Lumpur.
- Yellow Star Express
Address in the City: Kaunter - 51, Terminal Bas Express Puduraya, 53300 Kuala Lumpur.
Contact Number: 012-9208159
Average Ticket Price: MYR 31.5
Yellow Star Express is a reputed travel agency owned by Enrich Global Holidays Services. Reclining seats, fully air-conditioned coaches, luggage storage, and spacious seats with ample legroom are some among the many perks included in their buses.
- Meridian Holidays
Address in the City: 41A, Jalan Kebudayaan 6, Taman Universiti, 81300 Skudai, Johor, Malaysia.
Contact Number: 60 7-521 4986
Average Ticket Price: MYR 30
Meridian Holidays offers both express and excursion buses to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore routes. Single-decker and double-decker buses are available with a 2-1 seating arrangement, spacious legroom, and various modern amenities.
- City Express
Address in the City: B-4/275, B-4 (ANGSHIK) Kalyani Kalyani Nadia- 741235.
Average Ticket Price: MYR 34.1
The most popular routes covered by this bus operator are Siliguri-Kolkata, Mandarmani-Kolkata, and Kuala Lumpur-Johor Bahru. The buses are fully sanitized, and customers comment on how comfortable the traveling experience is with the agency.
- LA Holidays Travel and Tours Sdn Bhd
Address in the city: Kompleks Selangor, Lot 808, 8th Floor,
Jalan Sultan, 50000, Kuala Lumpur Wilayah Persekutuan,
50000 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Contact Number: 60 12-389 5689
Average Ticket Price: MYR 34.1
LA Holidays Travel and Tours Sdn Bhd has express buses running from Johor Bahru-Kuala Lumpur and other destinations. Its buses are COVID-19 safety-certified and equipped with various modern amenities such as CCTV cameras, charging points, GPS tracking systems, and hand sanitizers.
- Mayang Sari Express
Address in the City: No. 1-7, Simpang, Kampung Tengah, Muar, 84000,
Johor, 84000 Muar, Malaysia.
Contact Number: 60 12-658 0343
Average Ticket Price: MYR 34.3
Mayang Sari Express has been rated a high 4.6/5 by customers, and their buses depart at 9 AM from the Larkin Bus Terminal for Kuala Lumpur. With regular temperature checks, COVID-19 safety certification, hand sanitizers, and modern amenities included, they are the best of the best when it comes to exceptional customer service.
Important Locations to Visit
For travelers taking a bus to Kuala Lumpur, they cannot miss out on these destinations.
- Petronas Twin Towers: The two twin towers stand tall in the sky in Kuala Lumpur. The Petronas Twin Towers are an iconic landmark that boasts of postmodern architecture and stylish Islamic designs.
- Kuala Lumpur Bird Park: Over 3,000 birds reside at the Kuala Lumpur Bird Park, and tourists flock here to get a glimpse of the natural wildlife and public aviary.
- National Museum: The National Museum is close to the Lake Gardens and houses artifacts from bygone eras. There are costume exhibits and contemporary displays held every year inside.
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park: For kids and adventure enthusiasts, this is a wonderful destination. There’s even a zoo inside along with surf pools and interactive games.
- Central Market: Central Market in Kuala Lumpur’s biggest shopping zone and a tourism hotspot. Arts and crafts stores, Chinese herbs, antiques, and local souvenirs are found here.
Boarding and Dropping Points in Kuala Lumpur
The different boarding and drop-off points for buses headed towards Kuala Lumpur are:
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- KL Sentral
- Chinatown KL
- Bandar Utama
- Ancasa Hotel
- Bukit Bintang
- Hentian Duta
Please note that these boarding and drop-off points may differ based on the bus operator you choose to travel with. redBus makes it convenient for travelers to book bus tickets for the journey online.
Explore the magic of Kuala Lumpur and soak in the beauty of the wildlife and culture by taking a trip with redBus today!