Penang Bus Tickets
A world-renowned beach destination, Penang was listed as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site in 2008. Known as Pulau Pinang or “Isle of the Betel Nut”, this virgin holiday paradise has no shortage of culturally rich sights and natural scenery. Penang is famous for its cool, sandy beaches and is regarded as the food capital of Malaysia.
Important Routes to and From Penang
Most buses from Penang and buses to Penang take these routes, with a few popular ones being:
- Penang to Kuala Lumpur: The distance between the two cities is 354 kilometers, and it takes 4 hours to travel the distance. The journey is through the Lebuhraya Utara – Selatan E1 and the average bus fare is around MYR33.
- Penang to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan: The distance between these two destinations is 366 kilometers and takes 4 hours and 10 minutes to complete the journey. The route taken is the Lebuhraya Utara –Selatan E1 and the average bus fare is about MYR 35.
- Penang to Ipoh Amanjaya: A relatively shorter route, the total distance between these two cities is 152 kilometers and takes only 1.5 hours to complete the journey. The journey is through the Lebuhraya- Selatan/AH2/E1 and the average bus fare is about MYR 28 and cheaper when compared to the other routes.
- Johor Bahru to Penang: One of the longest routes, the distance between the two cities is 689 kilometers. Traveling via Lebuhraya-Selatan/AH2/E2, the journey takes 7.5 hours in total. The average bus fare is MYR 65-75.
- Hentian Duta to Penang: The distance between the two cities is 350 kilometers and takes about 4 hours in total. The average bus fare is MYR 35, and the route is Lebuhraya-Selatan/E1.
Popular Buses to and from Penang
Several bus operators provide buses to Penang and from Penang to your desired location. A few of them are:
Address in the city: 4785, Jalan Pantai, 12000 Butterworth, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Contact Number: 60 4-332 5815
Average Ticket Price: MYR28
Penang to Ipoh Amanjaya and Penang Sentral to Melaka Sentral are a few of the most popular routes taken by this bus operator, and each of their buses has excellent amenities including WiFi, experienced drivers, CCTV, and comfortable seats with spacious legroom.
Address in the city: No. 155A1, Jalan Raja Dr.Nazrin Shah (Jalan Gopeng),
30250, 31350 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia
Contact Number: 60 5-242 8666
Average Ticket Price: MYR22
Penang to Kuala Lumpur and Hentian Duta to Penang are some popular routes that this operator trades on. All their buses are equipped with charging points, WiFi, and comfortable seats.
Address in the city: Counter 1, Terminal Awam Larkin, Jalan Garuda, 80350 Larkin, Johor Bahru
Contact Number: 607 – 227 4515
Average Ticket Price: MYR23
Buses are equipped with several amenities for a comfortable journey, and the major routes they cover are Penang to Johor Bahru and Penang to Kuala Lumpur.
Address in the city: LOT 26, Lorong Medan Tuanku 1,Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman ,50300, Kuala Lumpur.
Contact Number: 603-26911495
Average Ticket Price: MYR30
An express bus service, the buses ply between Pulau Penang and Kuala Lumpur. Most of their buses have VIP coaches with air conditioners, reclining seats, and spacious legroom.
Address in the city: KONSORTIUM TRANSNASIONAL BERHAD,
No 38 Jalan Chow Kit,50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Contact Number: 603- 4045 8878
Average Ticket Price: MYR20
Penang to Ipoh is one of the most popular routes for this operator and buses are equipped with all facilities for a comfortable journey.
Important Locations to visit
Penang is a beautiful sight with lots of attractions to visit and an eclectic mix of quirky and modern sights.
- Penang Hill: At 821 meters above sea level, this point is a refreshing break from the heat and also offers breathtaking views of the island.
- Made in Penang Interactive Museum: A quirky museum different from the usual ones where one shifts from one display to another. The museum offers visitors an exciting way to view the displays with innovative 3D imagery features.
- Kek Lok Si Temple: One of the largest Buddhist temples in South East Asia, it stands perched on a hill in the town of Air Itam. The temple has beautifully landscaped gardens and sacred sites and is over 100 years old.
- Fort Cornwallis: One of the most important landmarks, the attraction is set within ten foot high walls in the shape of a star with a 17th-century chapel, prison cells, and storage area for ammunition.
Boarding Points and Dropping Points in Penang
Penang has several boarding and dropping points in the city, which helps passengers to transfer between destinations. There are over 60 boarding and dropping points all over the island. Most popular ones for buses to Penang are:
- Jawi Toll
- Penang Sentral
- Prangin Mall
- Pulau Pinang
Pick-up and drop-off points differ according to bus operators and you will be able to view these locations online when you book buses to Penang on redBus.
The collection of beautiful attractions and the diversity of the place makes Penang one of the most beautiful cities to visit in the country. Get to these attractions faster by booking your Penang bus tickets online on redBus, and enjoy the captivating sights and locations that the city has to offer.
Several attractions and the quaint appeal of Penang make it a worthwhile visit. To experience the heritage splendor, book your buses to Penang on redBus and enjoy a visit to the island to experience its infectious enthusiasm.