Valledupar Bus Tickets
Valledupar is located on the banks of the Cesar River and is situated between two great mountains, the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta and the Serranía del Perijá. Also called the City of the Holy Kings of the Upar Valley, Valledupar is the cradle of vallenato. The "vallenato" was born thanks to the fact that poems were enlivened with accordion music, Guacharaca, and box. Traveling by bus to Valledupar in May will give you the opportunity to enjoy the Festival of the Vallenato Legend, the largest festival of a folk culture where all the traditional airs of vallenato, Merengue, Paseo, Son, and Puya are played.
This city has become one of the main destinations to visit in Colombia thanks to the cultural heritage it offers. With redBus you can book a bus to Valledupar without complications, you can check prices, schedules and using its mobile application or the website.
Important routes to and from Valledupar by bus
Valledupar attracts more and more tourists because it is beginning to be considered as a cultural heritage in Colombia. The most popular routes to travel to or from Valledupar by bus are:
- Valledupar to Cartagena: A bus from Valledupar to Cartagena travels 362 kilometers in an approximate time of 7 hours and the average price of a ticket is 22.4 USD
- Valledupar to Bogotá: A bus ticket from Valledupar to Bogotá costs around 47.61 USD, the distance between the two cities is 863.9 kilometers and is covered in approximately 14 and a half hours.
- Valledupar to Medellín: The distance between the two cities is 743.5 kilometers and it takes approximately 12 hours to complete the trip. The average price of a bus ticket from Valledupar to Medellín is 42 USD.
- Barranquilla to Valledupar: Traveling from Barranquilla to Valledupar by bus has an approximate cost of 16.8 USD. The distance between the two cities is 302.4 kilometers, which are covered in approximately 5 hours.
- Santa Marta to Valledupar: The ticket to travel from Santa Marta to Valledupar by bus has an approximate price of 14 USD. The distance between these two cities is 254.7 kilometers that are covered in 4 hours.
Popular operators to travel by bus to and from Valledupar
redBus offers you the possibility to choose which operator you want to travel to Valledupar by bus, so here is a list of the most popular operators to and from Valledupar.
- Address: Carrera la Cordial, El Pozo, 24-236
Phone: +57 5 6632665
Average rate: 14 USD
Some of the amenities that Unitransco offers on the bus to Valledupar are individual screens and headphones, power outlets, GPS, Wi-Fi, and bathroom. Founded in 1961, it knows how to meet the expectations of its passengers by providing a unique experience in terms of land transportation.
- Address: Terminal de Transporte Salitre - Red Module
Phone: (031) 429 5747
Email: Average rate: 14 USD
With Copetran you can have the option of joining the “VIP Club” program when booking your bus tickets to Valledupar, it also offers services such as USB ports, Wi-Fi, and satellite tracking to guarantee the comfort of its customers.
- Address: Cra. 7 No. 44- 156 Ofc. 203
Phone: 571 6540
Email: contact Average rate: 14 USD
Expreso Brasilia has a large fleet of buses that travel to Valledupar. It includes 6 types of buses: Premium Plus, Preferential Luxury, Caribe Express, Unitransco, Special Service, and Premium Plus Extra, all designed to meet the different needs of travelers.
Places to visit in Valledupar
In Valledupar there are many places to see and visit, so here is a list of the most popular tourist spots:
- Alfonso López Pumarejo Square: This square is located in the historic center of the city and it is here where the city was founded. Nowadays it is one of the most cultural places in the city, surrounded by beautiful colonial houses.
- Church of the Immaculate Conception: You can see it from the Alfonso Lopez Pumarejo square, this beautiful cathedral has maintained its beauty since the founding of the city in 1550.
- Hurtado Spa: In this spa, located north of the city, you can refresh yourself in the waters of the Guatapurí River. The vallenatos affirm that whoever dives into these waters, returns to the city.
- Accordion Museum: This museum is based in the house of the well-known Colombian artist Beto Murgas, here you can find all kinds of accordions, in addition to the fact that the museum tells the history of vallenato.
- El Cuartico: In this Bahareque house, visitors can learn about how the ancient people of Valledupar used to live.
Boarding and disembarking points
Valledupar Terminal is the boarding and disembarking point when you travel to or from Valledupar by bus, you can verify it when you make your reservation on redBus.
Valledupar is an incredible city, where you can soak up the culture and enjoy its natural attractions. The only thing you have to do to enjoy all this is to book a bus to Valledupar and there is no better option than redBus. With redBus you can check schedules, rates, and buy your ticket to travel to Valledupar by bus.