Sentosa Island Tour
About Sentosa Island
Sentosa Island is situated towards the southern coast of Singapore. From being used as a military base to a Japanese POW camp, it has a vivid history. People from different parts of the world come for Sentosa tours. It is one of Southeast Asia's heavily toured locations and witnesses around 20 million tourists in a year. The sustainability of this island is also remarkable. You can find many tour providers in Singapore who offer Sentosa tours/packages.
The presence of abundant conveyance and accommodation services on Sentosa Island makes it a fabulous place to visit. Various beaches, resorts, hotels, etc., in Sentosa Island, attract a lot of visitors. There are many ways to reach Sentosa Island. It has a 20-minute walking distance from Singapore's main island.
How to Reach Sentosa Island
Singapore is a compact island-city and has flexible means of public transportation. You can quickly get to various locations in Singapore. Mentioned below are two ways to get to Sentosa Island.
• How to Reach Sentosa Island from Singapore (Main City):
Sentosa Island is situated 26.5 KM from Changi Airport, Singapore. Bus services are available on this route at frequent hours. Over 100 buses are run by various operators every day on this route. You can find details about them online on the redBus website/ mobile application. The travel duration of a Sentosa bus from Singapore is around 30-40 minutes. The major drop-off point of this route is at the Resort World Sentosa.
• How to Reach Sentosa Island from Toa Payoh:
Toa Payoh is a major residential town in Singapore, and a lot of people travel from Toa Payoh to Sentosa Island by bus. The distance between these locations is 17.2 KM, and you will find frequent bus services on this route.
It is easy to search for Sentosa buses online on redBus, where you can compare prices, amenities while enjoying various benefits and exciting deals.
Top Bus Routes to Sentosa Island
Tourists also travel from Malaysia to Sentosa Island, Singapore via cross-border buses. Many operators in Singapore provide cross-border bus services. You can search for cross-border buses on the redBus mobile application or website. Resort World Sentosa is a prominent drop-off point of buses on this route. It is an integrated resort built on Sentosa Island. Some of the major bus routes to Resort World Sentosa are as follows:
• Johor Bahru to Resort World Sentosa
• Singapore to Resort World Sentosa
• Woodlands Checkpoint to Resort World Sentosa
• Toa Payoh to Sentosa Island
Top Bus Stops Around Sentosa Island
Some of the major bus stops around Sentosa Island are as follows:
• Sentosa Pavilion Bus Station
• EtonHouse Bus Station
• Sentosa Golf Club Bus Station
• Sentosa Cove Village Bus Station
Average Bus Ticket Price to Sentosa Island
The fare prices of Sentosa Buses start from SGD 2 and can rise higher for longer routes. The fare also depends on the bus and seat type selected. You can easily check the prices of Sentosa Island buses on the redBus mobile application/website. Singapore local bus services are also robust and flexible. Two main bus routes inside Sentosa Island are also made free to the public. Tourists don't face hassles in getting around Singapore.
redBus helps people in comparing the fares of various buses online and choosing accordingly. There are no middlemen charges on redBus, and you can book an affordable Sentosa bus ticket online. You can also see the amenities offered by your preferred Sentosa express bus on the platform.
Visiting Hours and Entry Details for Sentosa Island Tour
You can visit Sentosa Island at any hour of the day. Transportation services are available throughout the day to Sentosa Island. You have to pay the Sentosa Island Entrance Fee, which depends on your time and mode of arrival. The cheapest entry fee is SGD 1 for people travelling to Sentosa via public buses.
Best Time to Visit
Sentosa experiences rainfall throughout the year with heavy rain in the months of November and December. You can travel to Sentosa Island from January to April as these months witness the least rainfall. You can enter Sentosa Island at any hour of the day. A lot of tourists visit Sentosa Island during the winter season. December and January are the busiest months in Sentosa tourism. You can plan your Sentosa Island tour by booking a Sentosa Island bus ticket online on redBus.
Things to See and Do at Sentosa Island
Some of the major activities to do and places to visit in Sentosa Island are as follows:
• Universal Studios – This magnificent studio is spread across 50 acres. It has various movie-themed zones like the Lost World, Sci-Fi City, Hollywood, Madagascar, etc. It is open for tourists from 10 AM to 6 PM every day. Various themed restaurants and shows at Universal Studios attract a lot of tourists.
• SEA Aquarium – This aquarium is designed as a shipwreck simulation and is the largest in the world. You can visit this aquarium between 10 AM to 7 PM. You can get a chance to see more than 700 various marine species living in the waters.
• Adventure Cove Waterpark – This waterpark has many adventurous rides and slides. It is open for tourists from 10 AM to 6 PM. You can opt for underwater tunnel riding, water duels, balance beam, and many other adventure activities while in Cove Waterpark. This waterpark also consists of a colourful reef that allows you to snorkel amidst 20,000 tropical fishes. It is a great place for adventure-lovers as you may come face to face with a shark too.
• Travel in Cable Car – You can travel from the peak of Mount Faber Park to Sentosa Island via the cableway. It is a fun and thrilling experience and is running since 1974. You will have to pay the Sentosa Island Entrance Fee while travelling from Singapore to Sentosa Island via cable car. The majestic view of the ports, ships, sea, island, etc., during the cable car rides, is a treat to the eyes.