India Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 29th April 2021
The Government of India has issued certain travel restrictions, for both its citizens and visitors, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Whether it's a business trip or a casual vacation, do take a couple of minutes to read the updated India travel restrictions before planning out your next trip. From information on the documents required to let you enter India to guidelines that are imposed and followed within the country, read on to get an idea of how to adjust your itinerary when you enter India. The India travel restrictions do change as the COVID-19 situation in India evolves, so stay up-to-date with the latest information displayed on the redBus website. redBus offers a plethora of bus options that follow safety protocols to the T. Read on to know more about the India travel restrictions, documents to carry, and safety guidelines to follow when you visit India.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from India
Key Points to keep in mind:
- A lockdown is in effect in India. Movement between states has been restricted as well.
- Passengers entering India will be medically screened, a negative COVID-19 PCR test is required, and a 14-day quarantine is also mandatory.
- Public transportation is operational, but with restrictions.
- States in India have begun to impose curfew and lockdowns.
What are the travel restrictions followed in India?
- There is a travel ban imposed due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in the country. International passengers will not be allowed into the country. This does not apply to Indian nationals, nationals of Bhutan and Nepal, residents of India.
- Regional restrictions are currently in place.
What are the documents required while traveling to India?
- Passengers entering India should complete the before departure.
- Passengers should produce a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report that is no older than 72 hours prior to departure. The results should be published on .
Are there any quarantine rules in India?
- Passengers who arrive in India will have to quarantine for a period of 14 days. Some of the details regarding the same can be found .
What guidelines do I have to follow while in India?