Hungary Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 29th April 2021
The Government of Hungary has issued certain travel restrictions, for both its citizens and visitors, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Whether it's a business trip or a casual vacation, do take a couple of minutes to read the updated Hungary travel restrictions before planning out your next trip. From information on the documents required to let you enter Hungary to guidelines that are imposed and followed within the country, read on to get an idea of how to adjust your itinerary when you enter Hungary. The Hungary travel restrictions do change as the COVID-19 situation in Hungary evolves, so stay up-to-date with the latest information displayed on the redBus website. redBus offers a plethora of bus options that follow safety protocols to the T. Read on to know more about the Hungary travel restrictions, documents to carry, and safety guidelines to follow when you visit Hungary.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Hungary
Key Points to keep in mind:
- Hotels will not entertain tourists, unless for business purposes.
- A partial lockdown is in effect while public transport is operational, but with a few restrictions.
- Passengers can click to take a look at the updated COVID-19 regulations in Hungary.
- For more information on border crossing via land, click .
What are the travel restrictions followed in Hungary?
- Passengers are not allowed to enter Hungary at the moment. This does not apply to Hungarian nationals or their family members, passengers who have permanent residence permits, passengers with a “D” visa, or passengers entering Hungary for business purposes.
- Passengers entering Hungary will be subjected to a COVID-19 test and will have to quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- Public transportation is operational.
- Parking is free of charge across the country to reduce the number of people traveling on public transport.
What are the documents required while traveling to Hungary?
- Passengers should carry documents that can prove that they are citizens of Hungary. If a passenger has their permanent residence permit, they should carry the same as well.
- Passengers entering Hungary for business purposes should have proof for the same.
- If a passenger has recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months before they enter Hungary, they should have a recovery certificate as proof.
Are there any quarantine rules in Hungary?
- Passengers entering Hungary will be medically screened and will have to quarantine for a period of 14 days.
What guidelines do I have to follow while in Hungary?
- While in Hungary, people are advised to wear a mask at all times when they are in public or when using public transportation.
- A physical distance of 1.5 meters should be maintained.
- Family gatherings are allowed to a maximum capacity of 10 people.
- Parking in commercial parking facilities located in residential areas is free between 7pm and 7am.
- Street parking is free of charge throughout the country.