Bulgaria Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 29th April 2021
The Government of Bulgaria has issued certain travel restrictions, for both its citizens and visitors, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Whether it's a business trip or a casual vacation, do take a couple of minutes to read the updated Bulgaria travel restrictions before planning out your next trip. From information on the documents required to let you enter Bulgaria to guidelines that are imposed and followed within the country, read on to get an idea of how to adjust your itinerary when you enter Bulgaria. The Bulgaria travel restrictions do change as the COVID-19 situation in Bulgaria evolves, so stay up-to-date with the latest information displayed on the redBus website. redBus offers a plethora of bus options that follow safety protocols to the T. Read on to know more about the Bulgaria travel restrictions, documents to carry, and safety guidelines to follow when you visit Bulgaria.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Bulgaria
Key Points to keep in mind:
- Apart from citizens of Bulgaria and certain countries, passengers are banned from entering Bulgaria until the 30th of April, 2021.
- Those passengers who enter Bulgaria should provide a negative COVID-19 test taken 72 hours before entering the country.
- Passengers showing symptoms will have to be quarantined in a government facility for a minimum period of 10 days.
- A partial lockdown is in effect, which means that events are partially allowed, shopping outlets are open, restaurants and bars are open but with restrictions, and transport is operational in Bulgaria.
- National ID cards, residence documents, and passports issued to nationals of Bulgaria, which expired between 13 March 2020 and 31 January 2021 are considered valid with an extension of 6 months, starting from their expiry date.
What are the travel restrictions followed in Bulgaria?
- International entry is permitted for: Permanent residents and citizens of Bulgaria, as well as residents from the EU Schengen Area (Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and EU countries), Monaco, Andorra, Vatican, Canada, Georgia, Australia, Japan, Rwanda, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, Tunisia, North Macedonia, Albania, Montenegro, Serbia, Moldova, Israel, Belarus, Turkey, Kuwait, Ukraine, Cyprus, Bosnia, Kosovo, Herzegovina, and United Kingdom. International travel is restricted to countries outside the EU Schengen Area except for the countries listed above.
What are the documents required while traveling to Bulgaria?
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test should be taken a maximum of 3 days before arrival to or departure from Bulgaria.
Are there any quarantine rules that should be followed in Bulgaria?
- Nationals and residents of Bulgaria and their family members without a negative COVID-19 PCR test will be tested within 24 hours from the time of arrival or will have to be subjected to quarantine for 10 days minimum.
- People entering or leaving Bulgaria will have to install the smartphone app for contact tracing.
- Visit the official to know more!
What guidelines do I have to follow while in Bulgaria?
- Those who show symptoms when they enter Bulgaria will have to quarantine in a government facility.
- Keep a minimum physical distance of 1.5 feet from others.
- Wear a safety mask that meets WHO regulations when you travel in or out of Bulgaria.
- Carry a hand sanitizer.