Colombia Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 29th April 2021
The Government of Colombia has issued certain travel restrictions, for both its citizens and visitors, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Whether it's a business trip or a casual vacation, do take a couple of minutes to read the updated Colombia travel restrictions before planning out your next trip. From information on the documents required to let you enter Colombia to guidelines that are imposed and followed within the country, read on to get an idea of how to adjust your itinerary when you enter Colombia. The Colombia travel restrictions do change as the COVID-19 situation in Colombia evolves, so stay up-to-date with the latest information displayed on the redBus website. redBus offers a plethora of bus options that follow safety protocols to the T. Read on to know more about the Colombia travel restrictions, documents to carry, and safety guidelines to follow when you visit Colombia.
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Colombia
Key points to keep in mind:
- Residents of Colombia and only passengers from selected nations are allowed to travel to the country.
- A negative RT-PCR test report is checked by the authorities upon arrival in Colombia.
- If someone is not able to produce an RT-PCR negative test report upon arrival in Colombia, then they will have to explain the reason for not taking a test to the immigration authorities.
- Partial lockdowns and curfews are in place in some Colombian cities based on the active COVID cases.
- If a passenger is not able to produce a COVID negative report upon arrival in Colombia, then he/she must undergo a COVID test under the guidance of the authorities. The COVID test is then followed by a quarantine of 14 days.
What are the travel restrictions followed in Colombia?
- The entry of passengers coming from the UK and Brazil is prohibited in Colombia as per the latest orders. If you are coming from some other country but your recent travel history is traced back to the UK and Brazil then also you are not allowed to enter Colombia. The residents of Colombia who are coming from the UK or Brazil can enter the country only after a compulsory COVID test followed by a 14-day quarantine. The tourists from other countries are currently allowed to enter Colombia as partial travel is resumed as per the government orders.
What are the documents required while travelling to Colombia?
- You will have to show a negative RT-PCR report to the authorities for entering Colombia. Make sure the RT-PCR report is not older than 96 hours according to your arrival in Colombia.
- You will have to visit and fill out the Colombia migration form along with your travel details. Make sure to fill this form within 24 hours before you arrive in Colombia.
- A pre-arrival health declaration is also to be shown to the authorities upon entering Colombia.
Are there any quarantine rules that should be followed in Colombia?
- The passengers that are not able to produce a COVID negative report will have to undergo a test and then a 14-day quarantine. The 14-day quarantine period is to be completed at one’s own expenses in Colombia.
- You will be subjected to quarantine in Colombia only if you are unable to produce the pre-arrival documents. You would not be subjected to quarantine if you produce a negative RT-PCR report upon arrival in Colombia.
What guidelines do I have to follow while in Colombia?
- Colombia is under health emergency till the 31st of May, 2021. You need to follow the safety guidelines laid by the authorities while in Colombia like wearing a mask, maintaining sanitisation standards, etc.
- A gathering of over 50 people is not allowed in Colombia. Also, the consumption of alcoholic beverages is banned in public places.
- Regional authorities can impose several rules related to curfew and availability of social amenities which are to be followed while in Colombia. The local transport in Colombia is available but with some restrictions.