Cambodia Travel Restrictions
Last updated on: 20th May 2021
The Government of Cambodia has issued certain travel restrictions, for both its citizens and visitors, to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. Whether it's a business trip or a casual vacation, do take a couple of minutes to read the updated Cambodia travel restrictions before planning out your next trip. From information on the documents required to let you enter Cambodia to guidelines that are imposed and followed within the country, read on to get an idea of how to adjust your itinerary when you enter Cambodia. The Cambodia travel restrictions do change as the COVID-19 situation in Cambodia evolves, so stay up-to-date with the latest information displayed on the redBus website. redBus offers a plethora of bus options that follow safety protocols to the T. Read on to know more about the Cambodia travel restrictions, documents to carry, and safety guidelines to follow when you visit Cambodia.
** European Union countries have decided to open their borders to select non-EU countries which would include people from Britain as well as vaccinated Americans. It should be noted that the opening of EU countries might not be universal as countries can individually ask for a negative COVID-19 test or can impose a period of quarantine on arrival. A new list of eligible counties will be prepared and released either this week or early next week. **
Covid-19 Restrictions to keep in mind when travelling to and from Cambodia
Key Points to keep in mind
- Cambodia has not imposed strict regulations on either travelling to or within the country.
- Visitors are allowed entry with very few guidelines to follow
- The quarantine rules are flexible and are not mandatory for all. It depends on how the test results show up.
- PCR test is made mandatory for all, regardless of which countries you come from.
- There is a partial lockdown effective in the country with restrictions on p[ublic transport but shopping malls and restaurants are open.
What are the travel restrictions followed in Cambodia?
- There are no restrictions for visitors or foreigners on entry into Cambodia.
- Every non-resident passenger must present the PCR negative test result at the time of entry and must abide by the restrictions imposed by the government.
- All foreign passengers will have a swab test upon arrival.
- They must also undergo strict 14-day quarantine and bear the expenses as well.
- Land borders of Cambodia with Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam are not possible as they are closed.
- There are no visa exemptions, visa-on-arrival or the availability of e-visas.
What are the documents required while travelling to Cambodia?
- Covid-19 negative PCR test certificate taken not more than 72 hrs before the departure from the source country.
- Proof of travel insurance worth a minimum of $50,000 issued by FORTE and deposit $200o upon arrival, at the designated bank. One can check the FORTE Covid-19 insurance .
- Exemptions are provided for those with diplomatic passports, citizens of Cambodia, nationals of Cambodia who have a foreign passport, those with a Visa K entry permit, and business travellers with VAPGI.
Are there any quarantine rules that should be followed in Cambodia?
- Quarantine rules are applicable to all foreign passengers which are compulsory at a designated institution.
- They must pay for the Covid tests and other related expenses in Cambodia
- The $2000 deposit will be used for the possible hospitalization and other medical expenses should they test positive with the novel coronavirus.
- In case one of the passengers they travelled in has fallen ill, all passengers of that flight must undergo quarantine. The passenger must bear all the subsequent institution quarantine and other medical expenses.
What guidelines do I have to follow while in Cambodia?
- Passengers are required to wear a proper face mask while in public and while travelling to and within Cambodia
- Maintaining social distancing is requested of all to prevent possible infection
- Washing your hands frequently prevents the spread of the virus
- Carrying hand sanitiser is advised to keep your hands sanitised at all times.
- It is also recommended to get vaccinated before you commence your journey
- Visit the of the Embassy of Cambodia to know more.