Bali is part of the Lesser Sunda Islands (an archipelago in Indonesia). The capital of Bali is Denpasar which is also the main gateway to the island. It is situated towards the east side of Java and closer to the Nusa Islands. Many people travel to Bali, and around 80% of its economy comes from the tourism sector. There is a perfect blend of historical, modern, and pilgrimage sites in Bali. From being inhabited by Austronesian individuals to Dutch people, Bali has a rich and interesting history.
The availability of various ports and other social amenities make it a perfect place to visit. This Hindu-majority island is the most visited place in Indonesia. A lot of domestic and foreign tourists travel to Bali to explore the majestic landscapes.
How to Reach Bali
You can travel to Bali from different parts of Indonesia. Here's how you can get to the place from the nearest locations, i.e. Blora and Jakarta:
• How to Reach Bali from Blora
Blora is part of central Java, and many tourists prefer to travel from Java to Bali. You can easily find frequent buses from Blora to Bali (Denpasar). The distance between these two locations is around 663 KM, and it will take you approximately 14-15 hours to cover this route by a Bali bus. You can also find ferry services from Java to various ports of Bali like Sanur, Serangan, Padang, etc.
• How to Reach Bali from Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia and a lot of tourists who come to visit Jakarta extend their trip to Bali, Indonesia. You can find buses throughout the day from Jakarta to Denpasar (Bali). This route's road distance is around 939 KM, and it takes approximately 19-20 hours to cover this route by bus.
You can search for Bali buses based on your preferred amenities online on the redBus mobile application/website.
Top Bus Routes to Bali
Some of the prominent bus routes to Denpasar (Bali) are as follows:
• Blora to Denpasar
• Bandung to Denpasar
• Tegal to Denpasar
• Jakarta to Denpasar
• Cirebon to Denpasar
It is easy to find details about all Bali bus routes online on the redBus platform.
Top Bus Stops Around Bali
Some of the prominent bus stops (dropping points) around Bali are as follows:
• Terminal Bus Mengwi
• Gilimanuk Bus Stop
• Ketapang Bus Stop
• Kura Kura Bus Stop
Average Bus Ticket Price to Bali
The fare of Denpasar (Bali) buses ranges from Rp 290.000 to Rp 530.000. It depends on the bus type and the seat type selected. You can easily check the cost of any particular Denpasar Bus ticket on the redBus mobile application or website. redBus helps in comparing the fare and amenities offered of various buses. The lowest fare of Bali buses is of those buses which travel from Blora. You will have to pay more if you want luxury bus facilities. redBus also provides coupon codes and exclusive deals to its users to lower the total ticketing prices.
Visiting Hours and Entry Details for Bali Tour
Bali is open for tourists at all hours. Most of the attractions in Bali charge an entrance fee. You also have to go through customs checks while entering Bali. You also have to follow import/export regulations while visiting Bali. The opening and closing hours of various tourist attractions in Bali can differ, and you should search online before visiting.
The presence of abundant accommodation and conveyance services in Bali makes it a perfect place for tourists. You can get around Bali via various public transport means like tourist shuttles, Ojeks, vans, etc. You can also rent bikes, cars, etc., to get around in Bali. Foreigners require an international driving license to do so. You can also hire personalised local tour guides for your Bali tour.
Best Time to Visit
The best time to visit Bali is during the summer season when it is less cloudy, and the weather is sunny. Summer in Bali is from May to August. You can also visit Bali in October during the fall season. This season in Bali also has arid weather and is suitable for tourists. The famous Nusa Dua Fiesta of Bali also takes place in the month of October. The rainy season is not recommended for travelling to Bali as you will be unable to experience the place's beauty due to monsoon and humidity. One should also try to find accommodation near the south or central Bali as these places have a great nightlife.
Things to See and Do at Bali
Some of the famous places to visit and activities to do in Bali are as follows:
• Hike to Mount Batur – Trek to Mount Batur consists of active volcanoes and beautiful landscapes. Hikers often start trekking to Mount Batur at midnight to witness the mesmerising sunrise view of Mount Agung from the top. Many tour companies provide trekking assistance to Mount Batur. One should also refer to any warnings issued regarding volcanic activity before hiking to Mount Batur.
• Visit Pura Tanah Lot – This temple's construction was started in the 16th century and is one of the most-visited Balinese temples. It is situated on the seashore and doesn't allow foreigners to go inside. However, foreigners can walk past the temple and witness the beautiful sunset behind.
• Visit Ubud Monkey Forest – There are a lot of monkeys swinging around branches in this Jalan Monkey Forest. It also consists of three sacred temples that are of historical importance.
• Shop at Streets of Seminyak – You can shop for designer clothes, water clothes, accessories, furniture, and homewares in Seminyak. The streets of Seminyak consist of many shops that provide commodities with an imprint of the Balinese culture. Seminyak is also known for its fabulous eateries, malls, boutiques, and art galleries. You can try various local cuisines in the restaurants of Seminyak. You can also visit the Seminyak beach at sunset to enjoy a beautiful view.