Nusa Penida Tour
About Nusa Penida
Nusa Penida is a district of the Klungkung Regency of Indonesia. It is part of three small islands (Nusa Penida District) located southeast of Bali Island. Beautiful landscapes and attractions make the Nusa Penida tour very popular among tourists. It consists of many bays and diving sites.
The presence of various social facilities in Nusa Penida will make your journey comfortable. There are abundant accommodation and conveyance services on this island to aid tourists. The presence of many unspoilt beaches in Nusa Penida adds to its beauty.
There are many steps taken by the Indonesian government to preserve this 200 square kilometres beautiful island. You will experience the best moments in your life if you go on a Nusa Penida tour.
How to Reach Nusa Penida
Here's how to reach Nusa Penida from the nearest major locations, i.e. Bali and Nusa Lembongan:
• How to Reach Nusa Penida from Bali
You can get a ferry from the Sanur Harbour in Denpasar, Bali to Nusa Penida.
To reach the Sanur harbour, you can book bus tickets to Matahari Terbit 1, the nearest bus station, situated around 700 metres away from the Nusa Penida entry point. You can cover the water route from Sanur Harbour to Nusa Penida via a ferry in approximately 45 minutes. You can also get a ferry from Kuta in southern Bali to Nusa Penida. You can check for the availability of tickets online on the redBus mobile application and website.
• How to Reach Nusa Penida from Nusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan is a part of three nearby islands that includes Nusa Penida. A lot of people visit Nusa Lembongan for its beautiful beaches. You can easily get a ferry from Nusa Lembongan to Nusa Penida. The travel duration of this ferry route is approximately 20 minutes.
Top Bus Routes to Nusa Penida
You can get a ferry from Denpasar (Bali) to Nusa Penida. The top bus routes to Denpasar are as follows:
• Blora to Denpasar
• Bandung to Denpasar
• Tegal to Denpasar
• Jakarta to Denpasar
• Cirebon to Denpasar
You can look up details about all the bus routes to Denpasar on the redBus website and mobile application.
Top Bus Stops Around Nusa Penida
Getting around in Nusa Penida is done via a rented scooter or bike. The nearest bus stations around Nusa Penida are the ones situated in Bali (near Sanur Harbour). Some of the nearest bus stops are:
• Terminal Bus Mengwi
• Matahari Terbit 1
Average Bus Ticket Price to Nusa Penida
Since Nusa Penida island doesn't have its bus transportation system, tourists prefer to travel to Bali (Denpasar) by bus and then take a ferry to Nusa Penida. The average Bali bus fare depends on your route selected and the type of bus. Bali bus tickets start from USD 14 and can go up to USD 60. You can find Bali bus tickets easily on redBus and can compare various operators to choose economically.
The ferry tickets from Sanur Harbour to Nusa Penida ranges between IDR 100,000 to IDR 250,000.
Visiting Hours and Entry Details for Nusa Penida Tour
This beautiful island is open for visitors at all times. It would help if you searched about the last ferry timings from your preferred port online before going for the Nusa Penida tour. You will have to pay the Nusa Penida entry fee applicable at Nusa Penida ports. This fee is to be given by local and foreign tourists. You can book your hotels online or can book once you reach Nusa Penida. There are enough accommodation services in Nusa Penida.
The transportation inside Nusa Penida can be done by renting a bike or scooter. You can also visit the shorelines of Indonesia by taking a ferry from Nusa Penida shores. You will find many tour companies in Nusa Penida who will provide you with Nusa Penida tours/packages. You can choose to go on a Nusa Penida day trip from Bali and easily return by evening. However, it is advised to spend a few days in Nusa Penida to experience all the attractions/activities.
Best Time to Visit
Nusa Penida experiences massive tourism throughout the year. However, the best time to visit Nusa Penida would be from May to September. The arid season from May to September helps in experiencing the real Nusa Penida. The rainy season in Nusa Penida experiences huge rainfall along with increased humidity which is not a favourable condition while touring. The temperature from May to September in Nusa Penida remains between 19° to 31°, perfect for enjoying a trip/tour.
Things to See and Do at Nusa Penida
There are many shores, beaches, and pilgrimage sites in Nusa Penida, which attract many tourists over the year. Some of the top places to visit and activities to do in Nusa Penida are as follows:
• Visit Peguyangan Waterfall – This waterfall has crystal clear water falling from heights. There is also a sacred temple situated nearby which attracts a lot of pilgrimage seekers. You have to hike down the steep stairs to reach the temple. The coastal view from the top of the waterfall is mesmerising.
• Atuh Beach – This beach is one of the most-visited beaches of Indonesia. The white sand on the shores along with the transparent clean water makes this place look like heaven. You can enjoy your whole day at this beach and feel a sense of tranquillity. There are many other beautiful beaches in Nusa Penida like Diamond Beach, Suwehan Beach, Tembeling Beach, etc.
• Snorkelling – There are various snorkelling points in Nusa Penida like Manta Bay, Crystal Bay, Gamat Bay, Toya Pakeh, etc. You can book a suitable snorkelling package and can explore the magic beneath the waters.
• Blue Lagoon – The jumping cliffs in Blue Lagoon are a treat top watch. If you are an adventure lover, you should try diving here. The beautiful sea, along with landscapes, makes it a great place for nature buffs.
• Pura Puncak Mundi – This temple is in Klumpu Village and on top of the Mundi Hill. It has an altitude of more than 500 metres above sea level. This temple has a great pilgrimage and historical importance.